Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Keystone RV?
Yes 325 90.78%
No 33 9.22%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #81
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
... DW and I have ordered a DRV Elite Suites 38RSSB3 ...
Totally jealous!!! Congrats.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #82
JRTJH
Site Team

Festus2, <and Geo>

I second your nomination of Geo for lifetime membership to this forum. After all, he's most likely typed more words in the "underbelly systems" than most people have (or ever will) type. He's the leader of the "belly brigade" around these parts

Additionally, I'm sure that the kind folks in the DRV elite forum would NEVER understand his affinity for olive oil

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #83
Festus2
Site Team

John -
If the truth be known, only a handful of our members can understand and appreciate his "affinity for olive oil". We'll have to take a look at making a Sticky for his underbelly and insulation posts (thesis, dissertations,treaty, discourse,.... ??).
Old 11-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #84
geo

SAD - Thank you.

Hmmm, John and Festus2 - Now about my affinity for Olive Oil ... I'm trying to remember the original poster and second poster to the following thread. .

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...ighlight=olive

I think I just blew my chances of that Lifetime Membership ...

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #85
JRTJH
Site Team

Geo,

You should know you are always ALWAYS welcome here, no matter what your affinity to olive oil may be....

Sorry to see you moving on with another brand, but I do understand your decisions and wish you the best.

Don't be a stranger around these parts.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #86
stormy2000

our keystone sprinter is just over a month old, and we're FT currently. I would say no, due to the poor workmanship. The floorplan is good, the upgraded a/c works great, furnance works good, and so on, but the TT is falling apart and so new.

bed paneling bending out of place, spots where it looks like they stapled it has no staple and is loose, the connections on the battery is out and i have no solution how to get it back in, the rubber gasket right under the main door slides out weekly, and so on... this is our first TT and well, at least we will know what to look for in our next unit.

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #87
fivergeezer

The results are not in yet. I've owned my Montana 3402RL just under a yr. and have pulled it about 5K miles. We bought it because we loved the floorplan. We still do. We are unsure at this point of the quality as we have some issues. The automatic leveling system leaks down and appears to be leaking fluid from the control panel because it runs down the outside of the unit. The kitchen faucet supply hose fitting leaked and ruined the floor of the cabinet. The sink in the head area is almost useless as the overhang of the cabinet above it blocks access to it. The entrance door is so off center it unlatches while towing. The dead bolt is the only thing that keeps it from opening. The screens fall out of the windows and generally don't fit well. The decorative window dressing brackets pull the screws out of the paneling as it appears there is no backing behind the paper thin paneling. The sliding mirror door on bedroom wardrobe's hardware is broken. The factory installed trailer hitch receiver was not drilled for a pin and it is so light- duty it will not hold a carrier with 2 light weight Trek bikes. Seal gaskets fall off of the compartment doors. It is almost impossible to balance the dual A/C units so one or the other unit doesn't run continuously. The door post switch for the entrance lights failed on the second day of our first trip. Our dealer's location is so far from where we keep the RV it's just not convenient to take it there for service so I have fixed many little things myself and others are still a concern.

Still and all, compared to our Winnabago class A motorhome we used to have, this thing is as good as gold. I can't say if I'll buy another Keystone, but I can promise I will never buy another Winnebago product.
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #88
DJ85

I would do it all over again just not from the same dealer. I laugh when I went in for service warranty. Sign above service office read " Takes years to earn a customer but it can take 2 seconds to lose one" They have had my camper for a month now fixing a bouncy floor and replacing a ceiling panel. I have called at least 10 times to see when it will be done 1 if I actually get to talk to someone he blames the body shop, 2 the body shop blames service dept for failing to schedule right time. I scheduled a month in advance before and then rechecked with service before I told it down. Live and learn they alway say. Thanks for listening and dont ask me where I aint saying.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:36 AM   #89
Badboy

YES
Old 11-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #90
jlarocca

I took delivery of mine last week and wished I would have visited this site first. I'm very happy with how its laid out as its perfect for my family of 5. I was very fortunate to park next to an owner of the previous year model of my exact unit and chat with him. He loves his, says all he's had to change was light bulbs. I did determine that they put the bedroom door on backwards so you can't fold out the lower bed in the back bedroom and open the door (confirmed this with an online video tour from another dealership) and they didn't put any heat vents in the bathroom or upper bedroom yet the ductwork is under the floor (can see it from the storage compartment). Wound up buying a space heater because my wife and I were freezing up front while my kids were roasting in the back. My propane tanks didn't switch over so the heat did cut off in the middle of the night. I wound up having to swap sides with the bottles as I never could get it work.
jlarocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #91
Joe

Yes, but?

We have only had our Passport 2850 for 2 years with the only problem being the TV stopped working. However, I do worry about the long haul. My fear is they traded too much quality for light weight. Only time will tell.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #92
Terry W.

This is our 3rd Keystone. Had a Outback 25RSS, Sprinter 300KBS and now a Avalanche 330RE so yes I think we buy another Keystone product. No real problem with either unit.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #93
Bigsky3625

Voted yes. First Keystone. Love our 3625re Big Sky. Had a few minor things but all have been fixed under warranty.

Guess going with the upgraded version has some advantages. Keeping our fingers crossed all our trips go as well as the previous ones.
One Wife

Bigsky3625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #94
curlyfungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
Totally jealous!!! Congrats.
Let us know if you think they are worth the extra $$$$$. We considered them but went with the Montana.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote