Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #1
Camping family

Wineguard 2.0

Okay I’m thinking of purchasing the winegard 2.0. When looking at price it’s the cheapest when I include an antenna and router then pay for data. With the winegard 2.0 has the router built in and I can purchase a SIM card from att and use the unlimited data from my phone plan. My question is anyone have the set up and if so how do you like or dislike it.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:28 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Okay I’m thinking of purchasing the winegard 2.0. When looking at price it’s the cheapest when I include an antenna and router then pay for data. With the winegard 2.0 has the router built in and I can purchase a SIM card from att and use the unlimited data from my phone plan. My question is anyone have the set up and if so how do you like or dislike it.
Don't you have a Winegard 360 + antenna
Old 03-18-2021, 09:57 AM   #3
Camping family

No mine has the winegard 360 not the plus. I been going around and round with keystone on it also. I have the 360 antenna and have the furrion hook up inside for the furrion router. Which is not compatible with the winegard 360+. But per keystone telling me when they changed to the winegard 360 antenna they left the stuff needed for the furrion router so you can purchase it and it still will work. Problem with that is the price of the furrion router is high and then you have to purchase the plan from furrion which is very high.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
No mine has the winegard 360 not the plus. I been going around and round with keystone on it also. I have the 360 antenna and have the furrion hook up inside for the furrion router. Which is not compatible with the winegard 360+. But per keystone telling me when they changed to the winegard 360 antenna they left the stuff needed for the furrion router so you can purchase it and it still will work. Problem with that is the price of the furrion router is high and then you have to purchase the plan from furrion which is very high.
I'd look at buying a 360+ for $120 and the Gateway 1000 and just swapping it all out.. seems less expensive to me..
Old 03-18-2021, 10:40 AM   #5
Camping family

Yep I checked on prices and buying the winegard 2.0 is a littler cheaper the buying the winegard 360+ and the gateway. Best would be if I could get my phone hotspot to work that would be great. The problem would be solved.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
Javi

Quote:
Yep I checked on prices and buying the winegard 2.0 is a littler cheaper the buying the winegard 360+ and the gateway. Best would be if I could get my phone hotspot to work that would be great. The problem would be solved.
I'd still go with the 360+.. you wouldn't need to drill any more holes and you could access the sim from inside..
Old 03-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #7
Camping family

Good suggestion on sim from inside.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:31 PM   #8
Camping family

While I have learned a lot over the last few days when it comes to antennas, internet and WiFi for campers. Let me tell you if not careful you can make a mistake very quickly. First off keystone replaced the furrion antenna with a winegard 360 not an360+. But left the parts under the antenna so the furrion router can still be connected inside the camper. But the data plan is costly very costly. 2d. You can change out the 360 antenna for the,360+ or the 2.0. But you have to buy the router separate. The 2.0 comes with the router. This is where you have to be careful at and read the description of each the 360+ and the 2.0. The 360+ is a tv antenna and you can add the gateway to it and will work for both the tv and with the added router internet/WiFi The 2.0 in not a tv antenna only for Wyi fi. So,you would also need a tv antenna. Almost make the mistake of ordering the 2.0 to replace my 360. Going with the 360+ and the added router. Now to check with att and make sure I can get a SIM card and piggy back off my cell phone data plan which is unlimited.