Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
mickeynbranson

Remote operation of landing gear

Our 2010 Big Sky is equipped with a Lippert Components Operating System.
Have had nothing but problems with the remote operation of the landing gear. Everything else works fine except for the security lights that just come on at will.
I called and talked to tech at LCI and explained problem. He suggested I replace transmitter ($80.00). The new transmitter still has same problem with operation of landing gear.
This is a great feature when it works because you can raise or lower landing gear from the cab of your tow vehicle without exciting.
Anyone have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

2008 Silverado 2500HD /Allison 6 Speed

Past adventures:available at Amazon.com
'96 Award 30" Classic with a Dodge 1500 Ram Travel Van.
mickeynbranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
BigCajun

Any updates on your issue?

I'm having the same issue right now. This is the second time around for this. Unfortunately this time is not under warranty. Keystone customer service referred me to Lippert. I just sat on hold for 20 minutes with Lippert only to get disconnected.

Landing gear will only work with remote, not manual. 30 amp fuse is good. I reset the remote function at the request of Keystone but that did not help. They told me to call Lippert. All other functions work properly both manually and via remote.

I will continue to try to contact Lippert...
Old 06-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
jje1960

Separate issues....

OP, believe your remote may have a problem with the little light button that turns the light on and off, or.... like many many others, you don't realize your turning it on and off from the remote. Second poster, your issue is with the switch on the unit, check the switch, they are exposed to moisture, sometimes they corrode and go bad. Hope this helps one of you.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
Quiroule

Unhappy

I drove 70 miles with the FW to get that light coming on problem fixed. Only to be shown that I was turning it unintentionally while holding the remote. Talk about looking stupid….

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
BigCajun

Well...blow me down! Finally found it! There are two 30 amp fuses in the pink wire going to the manual switch. Please explain to me why two are needed. The "hidden" one was about 8 inches from the power source tucked in the wire loom. It had a small automotive blade fuse inserted into the fuse holder for a large automotive fuse. All I can figure is that the wiring harness was not long enough, so they spliced in another piece with a second fuse. This **** never ceases to amaze me.