Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
DJ85

Just doesn't seem right to me?

With the slides all the way in our dinning room table rubs on the center island wood work. I advised the dealer service about it and they told us they would need to readjust the slide out. Okay here is my problem if they readjust the slider will that create a water leak. I have looked at everything else and it all seems to line up and it looks good. I am just asking around before I let them do anything. The other thing I have notice is the free standing table is just that almost free standing the table has pulled up from the floor. I don't see that the table has shifted any, but I guess it could have. I going to suggest starting with that and go from there. So my question is would you allow an adjust to the slider or not. I am really thinking about telling them to just leave it alone.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Shoey

We had the same problem with our 255RKS. The the table would just contact the breakfast bar when the slide was in. We had about 1.5 inches of space between the table and the wall of the slide. The dealer relocated the table about 1 inch towards the slide to create the clearance. With the carpet underneath the table, you can even see the old screw holes. I think this in a much better option than adjusting the slide. I'm assuming you have some clearance between the table and the wall.
Shoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Bob Landry

I would never let anyone adjust a slide that was not leaking.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
geo

I see that you have a Cougar, so I'm on shaky ground here. In our Alpine, the table is "free standing" and held in place by four screws - one at each "foot corner". Well, we didn't like the arrangement, so I removed the screws, marked the old screw holes with a short, smaller screw, and re-attached the table to the floor at the desired location. Now we don't like that arrangement, so we are considering just removing the screws, then lay the table on its side or top when we move. Lay down a towel over it, and a couple of chairs can lay on it with another chair on the couch. One chair goes up to the bedroom.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Jim W

I have a 318SAB Cougar with the free standing table and chairs. When we use the strap to secure the chairs from bouncing around, as you travel one of the chairs will rub the kitchen counter when the slide is full closed. To eliminate this issue we use an old wash cloth and double the cloth up between the chair and the kitchen counter. No more wear issue with the chair. Cheap ease solution instead of adjusting the slide.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
mhs4771

If moving the table slightly is out of the question, how about a short section of a Swim Noodle split on one side and slipped on to the edge of the table to provide a cushion between the table and the counter? On our new unit we had the same issue, but we had the option of turning the table 90 degrees (it's oval in shape).
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
DJ85

I took a good look at the table, based on the suggestion of moving the table. There is good amount of clearence between the window shade and the table so I feel thats the best way to go. Thanks for the suggestion in moving the table it's only held down by one screw anyway the rest have pulled loose already.

Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #8
66ken

I removed the screws and lay the table upside down when traveling.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
pjhansman

I removed the 4 screws holding the table down and replaced them with 2 small flush mounted D-rings. When travelling I use a couple strap bungee cords to hold the table in place.
MOR/ryde Wet Bolt Kit, TST 507 TPMS, 1000w PSW Inverter, JT's Strongarm Stabilizers, and the list goes on....
Yamaha EF3000iSE/B Inverter Generator
pjhansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #10
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhansman View Post
I removed the 4 screws holding the table down and replaced them with 2 small flush mounted D-rings. When travelling I use a couple strap bungee cords to hold the table in place.
Awesome mod! Thanks!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ85 View Post
With the slides all the way in our dinning room table rubs on the center island wood work. I advised the dealer service about it and they told us they would need to readjust the slide out. Okay here is my problem if they readjust the slider will that create a water leak. I have looked at everything else and it all seems to line up and it looks good. I am just asking around before I let them do anything. The other thing I have notice is the free standing table is just that almost free standing the table has pulled up from the floor. I don't see that the table has shifted any, but I guess it could have. I going to suggest starting with that and go from there. So my question is would you allow an adjust to the slider or not. I am really thinking about telling them to just leave it alone.
I just added a doubled over dish towel between the table and cabinet. this has worked for over a year now. easy fix and is not that hard to remember. One other thing is the TV cabinet latch can over latch and allow the TV slide to come out and bump the curb side slide wood when its in.Ask me how I know that!!!
I just undated my webshots with some new pictures of some mods I have done if interested. nothing major other than the bedroom TV swivel mount on the wall.(well not the wall). everythign else is the contact 3m stuff holding what ever.
randy
PS I agree with statement about the slide. IT aint broke dont fix it.

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
DJ85

Brydr1, thanks for the idea. That is what we do now is use a dish towel in between the table and the counter. Since the table is loose anyway I just thought about moving it over a little bit anyway and get rid of the problem altogather. I took a look at your webshots those are some very nice mods that fit into my ideas as well. I have been thinking of doing 1/2 of what you have done anyway. Thats kind of where I was going with the "If it ain't broke don't try and fix it". When we were looking at the camper before we bought it, we notice the rub marks and told the salesman about it. So when we went to pick it up they had put some kind of wood work paste to cover it up, but when I touched it it rubbed off on my finger. I looked at the pdi guy and asked what was that about. He looked at me like I had three eyes, pretty sure I don't, I walked back in and said that just wasn't going to work. So now I am kind of worried about even taking it back for the other stuff that broke during our second outing. Guess it time to be alot more demanding this time.

Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
Old 05-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
DJ85

Byrdr1 take a look athe social group for RES327 owners, I started and ifyou are interested feel free to join and add your mod idea there as well. One more questiom where did you find the swing arm for the bed room tv?

Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
Old 05-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
I have a 318SAB Cougar with the free standing table and chairs. When we use the strap to secure the chairs from bouncing around, as you travel one of the chairs will rub the kitchen counter when the slide is full closed. To eliminate this issue we use an old wash cloth and double the cloth up between the chair and the kitchen counter. No more wear issue with the chair. Cheap ease solution instead of adjusting the slide.
Jim W.
We have a rear kitchen in our Copper Canyon, and were told by the Tech giving the walk through that just put them up to the table they will be OK.

When we got home after a 250 mile tow, they were right where we left them, no tie downs.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
Beerfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ85 View Post
With the slides all the way in our dinning room table rubs on the center island wood work.

Ours rubs too, I also do the towel trick. It seems to keep the table from bouncing around too.
Beerfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #16
DJ85

Thumbs up

I talked them into moving the table over. Even they said this was just a poor design. Now we have about a 1/2 inch of clearence. The widow shade bar is really close when you slide the shade up and down but I can live with that. He also said to bunge cord the extension so it willnot be able to move back and forth.

Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up