Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
mr.windows1

Outside temp

I noticed on our new 3750 Montana there was a button on the thermostat for outside temp,I pushed this button several times but could get no reading is this feature suppose to work or is this an add on sensor or something? It would be nice to have that work just wondering if I should ask the dealer about this or if it's something I could remedy myself, Thanks
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.windows1 View Post
I noticed on our new 3750 Montana there was a button on the thermostat for outside temp,I pushed this button several times but could get no reading is this feature suppose to work or is this an add on sensor or something? It would be nice to have that work just wondering if I should ask the dealer about this or if it's something I could remedy myself, Thanks
Yes the inside and outside temp buttone should work, I have to push and hold mine in twice to get a reading. I know of another Montana owner that there oustide temp also doesn't work. Hope this helps. Happy Campin.............Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
HeliboylivesinaMT

Well how about that
Mine is not working at all.. either.. the manual says that it come off the
AC unit.. I have two so with one? CW said that it some times is forgotten about in the factory.. if some one knows where and how to fix it .. with pictures I'd appreciate the DIY very much

FULL timing in:
--2012-Keystone Montana 3750FL, 6pt hyd jacks, OS 32" LCD, Mor-ryde hitch, Full Skirt,
--2012-Dodge 3500 LWB, CTD, 4x4, 4door, B&W 20k hitch,
--One Austrialian Cattle Dog
--One Awesome Wife
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER..
of course..
HBLIMT....
HeliboylivesinaMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Ron

Sensor

A few days ago we had a discussion on the where abouts of the outside temp sensor, and someone thought it was part of the wiring going up to the ac unit as mentioned. I haven't been up on the roof yet to look or take off the shroud to see. If tomorrow is nice here in Az where we are at, I will do so and let you know what I find.........Happy Campin..............Ron

Old 03-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
Ron

Outside temp sensor

Well I got up on the roof to take the shroud of the ac unit, there are 8 phillips head screws, well there are a couple of heads that are stripped (go figure doesn't really suprise me) so at this point I will wait until we get home to remove and find out where the outside temp sensor is located. The current temp outside is about 60 degrees and the outside temp on the trailer shows 85 degrees Our trailer is facing South so i am asuming that the sensor is located toward the front of the unit. Wish I had better info, but I tried. Happy Campin.............Ron