Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2018, 05:29 AM   #1
jsmith948

Furrion Service

It is an accepted fact of life that we express our disappointment/dissatisfaction much sooner and more often than when we are pleased about something (at least most of us). As a result, the majority (insert % of your choice) of the posts we read tend to be negative. Case in point - our new trailer came equipped with a Furrion DV-3300 dvd stereo. The radio functions just fine, the dvd not so much. The first time we tried to use the dvd, it played the movie about 3/4 through and then just stopped. We attributed this to an old/bad disc. Tried a new disc and it played probably less than half the movie then stopped.
Tried the dvd again later and it would not load or play at all. Tried re-inserting the disc many times and no joy. We got busy dong other things and pretty much forgot about the issue until the other day when we were starting to prep the trailer for an upcoming outing. Well, the dvd did not fix itself and still will not load/play. I called Furrion and a young gentleman named Chris suggested I try a "hard reset". Followd his suggestion and instructions and - no joy. Called Furrion back with the results and they are going to ship a new unit to me under warranty. No hassles no run around. I have read quite a few negative stories about Furrion quality, and, the unit they send me may be of no better quality than the one I have. We will see. If this one craps out I'll spend my dime and go with something else. Just wanted to pass along a positive post regarding their customer service.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:50 PM   #2
saltyturtle

We, also had a good experience with Furrion that I wrote about on this forum last year. Our new Furrion oven in our new 2017 Alpine would not hold a constant temperature so I called Furrion, described the problem and asked if they could send me a new thermostat. They said no, but they would send me a complete new oven! They did, I installed it and it has worked well ever since. I asked them what to do with the old one and they said the case was closed and did not want it back.
saltyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
cpaulsen

All my Furrion products work great!!
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
Frank G

The only issue we have with the two Furrion entertainment centers we have is the lack of any useable antenna for AM/FM. I actually think this is a Keystone issue. They are easier to operate than the last Sony we had. The TV's and Microwave work flawlessly.

Can I install one external antenna and split it to two units?
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #5
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
The only issue we have with the two Furrion entertainment centers we have is the lack of any useable antenna for AM/FM. I actually think this is a Keystone issue. They are easier to operate than the last Sony we had. The TV's and Microwave work flawlessly.

Can I install one external antenna and split it to two units?
When I had the DVD player out of the cabinet, I found the antenna coiled up and wire tied to the back of the unit. Spread the wires out along the back of the cabinet and really improved the reception.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
Old 06-21-2018, 06:08 AM   #6
jsmith948

Update

Received our replacement DV-3300 from Furion this past Tuesday (about 4 days after contacting customer service). Changed out the unit - tested and it works!

Really happy with the company's response and their no-hassle approach to customer service. Hopefully this unit will be trouble free going forward. Sent the bad unit back in the pre-paid box - painless

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
Old 06-22-2018, 05:25 AM   #7
EagleandFox

Our Furrion observation camera (bought separately, not included with our 5th wheel) just stopped working after 3 trips. Called Furrion after hours, just to see what their hours are and was surprised that someone actually answered and tried to troubleshoot with us. Re-pairing, unpairing, etc, which we had done, but that's OK. He said if we had the receipt, they could send out a new camera. Of course, that's the one receipt and box we didn't seem to have. Called Camping World the next morning, got our receipt. Called Furrion back, explained issue again and no questions asked, no receipt needed, a new camera is coming our way! We were surprised! Fingers crossed that hopefully that one will work.
EagleandFox is offline   Reply With Quote