Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
ufgator

Crab Walking '05 249RKS

I'm having a towing issue with the right rear corner of the trailer tracking to the right of center. I've had some bad tire wear and had the axles aligned which helped the tire wear but the trailer still tows poorly (tail waging the dog). Attached is a link to pictures of what I found on the front underside. Is this a factory fix or is this a possible repair someone did before I got the trailer? I did but the rig used and saw no apparent signs of damage anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s...inter%20Frame/

Thank You
Bill
ufgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
mhs4771

I'm no expert, but it sure looks like someone added some additional steel there. If so it was probably done to reinforce a damaged section. It just doesn't look like something that would have come from the factory.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Terrydactile

I agree, that looks like extra steel. You say the tire wear situation has gotten better, do you still use the worn tires after the axles were aligned? If so, it is my experience that once a tire exhibits wear it will continue to wear the same way even though the problem was fixed. It may be at a slower rate.

If your axles were aligned 'correctly' there should not be any tracking, wandering or "crabing" from them. Are you experiencing sway? If so, do you control your tongue weight or lack thereof? What is your setup, hitch, truck, etc?