Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
tap3230

tank levers not sealing?

I have a raptor toy hauler 2011. On the two trips I have taken so far when I take off the lid to drain the tanks - water comes rushing out. The first time this happen I figured I just didn't have the levers pushed all the way in. This time I made sure the levers were pushed in and again when I took off the cap a bunch of black water (nasty) came rushing out. It was just a quick rush of about a half a gallon and then not much until I released the valve and more came out. second issue was when I drained the black water and flushed it - The tank would not show empty, just kept reading 1/3 full. I let it flush for a long time and then allowed it to drain for a long time. I guess it could be clogged? Sensors dirty? My other trailer emptied in minutes, what could these issues be?
tap3230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
2011 keystone

First of all WELCOME to the forum
so far as the leaking valve goes you may just be able to clean it. It is possible it could have something stuck in it from the manufacturing process. And as far as the sensors go mine has read 1/3 full since the first time we used it. They just do not work really well.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
hankaye

tap3230, Howdy;

Welcome to the forum.

Seal have been known to 'roll' The blade catches something (dosen't matter what), while it is being closed. The blade can't seat itself compleatly, you get a leak...
Best thing is to get a set of seals (there is one on each side of the blade),
from your local RV parts place. Gain access to the valve (be sure it's empty!!!),
Take it apart, replace seals (give them a coat of liquid soap or my favorite, Liquid fabric softner), put things back togather AFTER you check it for proper operation.

Always better to have 'some' water or whatever for the new 'stuff' to splash down into as it will help keep it ready to flow when ya want to dump it...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
tap3230

Thanks for info! The dealer told me to bring it in and they would look at the seals and tank. I just bought this so I might as well take advantage of the service.
tap3230 is offline   Reply With Quote