Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
Greysquirrel

Hitch receiver on Premier 19FBPR

Has anyone put a hitch receiver on a Premier 19FB? Before I take down the cover on the bottom of the coach to see where the frame is and if I can do this I thought I would ask here if anyone has done this or know if it can be done or if it is not possible or practicable to do so.
Greysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:57 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysquirrel View Post
Has anyone put a hitch receiver on a Premier 19FB? Before I take down the cover on the bottom of the coach to see where the frame is and if I can do this I thought I would ask here if anyone has done this or know if it can be done or if it is not possible or practicable to do so.
Lots of previous threads on the topic, and the answer is always pretty much the same. The model doesn't really matter. There are some aftermarket hitches from CURT that are pretty much universal TT/fiver mounts that can be adapted to most any unit out there. If a universal mount receiver won't fit right out of the box, it can be easily adapted. If you've got the equipment and knowhow, it should be a straight forward job. If not, any welding shop should be able to fix you up. Or, check a trailer shop, and I don't mean RV's. The guys who sell utility trailers have all the right equipment, parts, and knowledge for this kind of job. Surprisingly (or not) much of what goes into a utility trailer is the same stuff that goes into an RV.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #3
Greysquirrel

Thanks for the reply, I have a good trailer shop that does nothing but work on all types of trailers so they should be able to do the job.
Greysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote