Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2015, 04:57 AM   #1
lspajm

Reese dual cam 1200 pound bars towing and use

I just bought one of these to replace my husky round bar set up where I was using 2 friction sway bars to tow my 2011 passport 3220bh.

Is there anything I should know about using this hitch set up or setting it up ? I am excited that it will work smoother for sway control vs what I have now but wanted some actual user thoughts and input. Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 Ford F-250 Diesel FX4, Crew Cab, 6.5 ft bed
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
SLIMSHADIE

I bought and installed that setup with the round bars, pretty straight forward per instructions. I had to move my propane tanks a little forward, no big deal. Read like 5 times then installled myself. Been 5 years with no issues. Drove thru some really harry storms and pulls like a dream.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:39 AM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspajm View Post
I just bought one of these to replace my husky round bar set up where I was using 2 friction sway bars to tow my 2011 passport 3220bh.

Is there anything I should know about using this hitch set up or setting it up? I am excited that it will work smoother for sway control vs what I have now but wanted some actual user thoughts and input. Thanks !
There are also lots of existing threads about fine tuning the Reese DC setup to be found here and out on the net.

If it doesn't offend you to get some really good and useful information from a forum devoted to a different brand of RV, hop on over to sunlineclub.com and look up some posts by JohnB. He is a master at setting up the Reese DC and towing in general. I think he's got the info in stickies now so they should be easy to find. If not, just a few seconds with the search function over there should find them.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:07 PM   #4
audio1der

Read through the instructions several times, and have the tools on hand to do the job properly, before you begin.
http://www.hitchpro.net/application/...ons/n26102.pdf

We ended up having our brackets welded to the frame as the bolts ate the threads in the frame hole and left us little choice.

Other than that, I found the following thread VERY helpful in fine-tuning the DCSC system. I took me several tries to really dial it all with hitch head height to get the trailer nose level, get at least 5 links of chain under tension and just "feel right" when pulling.
http://forums.trailerlife.com/Index....d/17730894.cfm

Let us know if you have any difficulties. It's not the easiest/fastest setup but it's right up there in terms of performance once you have it correct for you.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio1der View Post
Other than that, I found the following thread VERY helpful in fine-tuning the DCSC system. I took me several tries to really dial it all with hitch head height to get the trailer nose level, get at least 5 links of chain under tension and just "feel right" when pulling.
http://forums.trailerlife.com/Index....d/17730894.cfm
The large middle section of that post written by JBarca is a summary of the same info that I referenced to be found over on sunlineclub.com. JBarca is the JohnB that I spoke of. He's truly a master of the Reese DC.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:24 AM   #6
lspajm

Thanks folks I am sure this will be very helpful and I appreciate your input

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 Ford F-250 Diesel FX4, Crew Cab, 6.5 ft bed
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote