Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Heimtime21

Fiberglass Front Cap 13' Laredo

What is the best way to maintain a shiny look to your fiberglass front cap? I have a 2013 Laredo with a brown front cap that is beginning to look dull in an upper corner. I have heard horror stories. My warranty is up in 2 months. Is this a warranty issue? Has keystone ever repainted them after the one year warranty?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2013 Laredo 303Tg
2003 Avalanche 2500 8.1L

Heimtime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
therink

I would take photos and notify your dealer in writing before your warranty expires. There have been numerous cap fade issues with the 12 & 13 year models due to inadequate gel coat application from the factory. If you are experiencing this issue and your dealer backs you up, Keystone may repaint it under warranty.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #3
kandd

I would start the process now, you have plenty of time left. Get with your dealer, they will want photos to send to Keystone. Damage will migrate fairly fast. We just started process on 2013 OB Terrain with brown front cap. Our service guy was very familiar with this problem.
kandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:40 AM   #4
Heimtime21

Would I actually have to do this at the dealer I bought the camper from? I have actually had a horrible experience since I bought the trailer with other issues. Can ib go anywhere that warranty work is provided?

My cell phone

2013 Laredo 303Tg
2003 Avalanche 2500 8.1L

Heimtime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:05 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone's "promise" is that their warranty is available at any Keystone dealership, but in practice, that isn't always the situation.

You might try calling Keystone Customer Service and explaining your problem, ask them to suggest a nearby dealership that could (and would) help you. If you follow that phone call with an email and photos to Keystone, you'd have some documentation of the problem with dates to "prove" it occurred within the warranty period. That certainly won't "hurt" and may give you some leverage if it takes longer than expected to resolve the problem.

You might also do a search for Front Cap Fade on the forum. There are a number of issues, as you've stated, with this problem. Some members have had success with certain products in repairing the dull finish. There's a number of threads about this on the forum.

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote