Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
wallet14

mods to our springdale

I realized when I went to post this that I don't have pictures of everything and some things I have done should go in the repairs section.

The mods for which I have pictures thus far are the black tank vent and the shower expansion.

The vent on the top of the tank is pretty self explanatory, but unfortunately we still have experienced bad smells. We are going to try to switch chemicals (and maybe change my diet .... haha) but if that doesn't work we will look into any vent blockages or if it could be a Greywater tank we are actually smelling.

You can also see the "standard" vent cover in that photo too.

The shower was not large enough for me to help my then 2 year old get washed up in, so I installed the move ableshower rod. It makes a HUGE difference and was very easy to install. I highly recommend it. Furthermore, to reach my little one, the shower wand was restricted to high. So I removed the mid wall hose holder and filled it inin with some silicon to water proof the holes left from the screws.

As for the unpictured mods:
we installed a support and TV in the master
I put screens on all of the outside vents with zip ties or with the kits (I want to hot glue the edges of the zip tied screens)
toothbrush holder installed in bathroom to the left side of the sink
Rack over bathroom door to hold towels
I am sure there are others but I can't think of them currently. Also I plan to post my drawer repairs in the repair thread as those where subpar from factory at best

Mods i am working on:
installing shelves in the wardrobes beside the master bed
installing a drawer under the sofa (where keystone had blocked the whole space off with a panel screwed on from behind)

I plan to post pictures of these when completed as they are both in process
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130619_165954.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	4745   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130615_214514.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	4746   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130615_214534.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	4747   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130615_214615.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	4748  

Josh - 28
Sara - 29
Son - 10
Daughter - 3

2004 Ford F350 dually crew cab diesel
2013 Springdale 282bhssr
wallet14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
michol02

Nice job. I like how the shower rod folds inward when not in use.

Visit Mods album in my profile
michol02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
Andymon

We want to do the shower rod change. Thanks for the pics.

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
CUFFS054

Wallet,
My Springdale came with a "mid-height" hose 'holder' also. Never figured out what it was supposed to do and like you got rid of it. However, I will (I hope) this spring figure out a way to convert that stupid bath tub to a more usable shower. I will post if it ever happens.
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUFFS054 View Post
Wallet,
My Springdale came with a "mid-height" hose 'holder' also. Never figured out what it was supposed to do and like you got rid of it. However, I will (I hope) this spring figure out a way to convert that stupid bath tub to a more usable shower. I will post if it ever happens.
We've got one member that already converted his tub to a shower stall. No need to reinvent the entire wheel. Here's the thread to his project, maybe you can get some starting ideas from his work:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14186

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
wallet14

John,

I read this post as they merely removed the glass enclosure and put up a shower curtain even though other parts talk about replacing a tub. Correct me if I am wrong.

All,
The shower rod mod was the best thing we did with the removal of the "holder" for the hose up there as well!

Josh - 28
Sara - 29
Son - 10
Daughter - 3

2004 Ford F350 dually crew cab diesel
2013 Springdale 282bhssr
wallet14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Josh,

You are right !!! I was reading through that thread a couple of months ago, and remembered the "shower change out" and today I did a quick search when you were talking about converting your shower. I read Cuffs054's first post, scrolled down to the pictures and didn't realize they were posted by Justvisitingtoday. "My bad"

If your Springdale tub is the same as mine was (about 28" by 42", you should be able to find a shower pan the same size and pull out the tub, plumb in the shower pan and install a tall shower surround without too much hassle. In ours the tub was not connected to the vanity, only the three side walls. You can look at the Springdale 242 floorplan to see how our bath was arranged. The tubs are installed the same way, just the toilet and vanity are in different places. It shouldn't be a big deal, just need to find the right shower pan. Check the Rv suppliers and rv parts sources sticky in the Repairs and Maintenance section. You should find several sources for the shower pan listed in that sticky.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:51 AM   #8
FullTimer

Lol, thanks for the clarification, though mine is a sprinter, I also am wondering about converting to shower for the wife. The floor pan was the only part I wasn't sure about. I know I will have to build a larger platform to fully support the shower floor, the tub is only supported in the center area, as well as extend over the vanity drain pipe. I was tracing a tub water pipe yesterday, using my digital camera to peek around corners and under the tub.

FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote