Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2023, 02:35 PM   #1
SargeW

Village Camp Flagstaff Outdoor Resort, AZ

We stayed at this park on a “soft opening” sale. It is a new park still under construction, so they were offering discounted rates to get people in (and make some money). We paid about $103 per night, but then received a 25% discount for the Soft opening sale. My first observation is that it looks bigger in pictures than it did upon arrival. It is not small, but the sites are a bit closer together than expected. There a 3 levels of RV sites, Standard, Premium, and Super Premium. We stayed in Super Premium site that was equipped with a concrete patio (12X25’) a built in propane grill and fireplace. The appliances are “ready to assemble” type with counters and even a trash can pull out. We did need to get a propane key from the office to turn on the propane to be able to use the amenities. All sites are FHU, and all utilities worked well.

The neighboring RV site was about 6 feet off the back of my appliance assembly, so the neighboring RV was pretty close. One of the downsides of the sites for us was the use of a gray volcanic lava type gravel used on the pad and surrounding areas. All of the sites are built with the same rock, and the Standard site is all gravel with only a picnic table so walking on the rock was difficult for our dog as the rock was sharp. Children who love to go barefooted will be disappointed as well. Much larger rock is used throughout the park and is aesthetically positive. The roads are all paved. The Premium sites have a patio only, without the propane amenities. Another curious feature for us is that there are many new cabins on the property which are not just for rent but are also for sale. So at some future time the property may be heavily occupied with full time residents.

The clubhouse and pool are still under construction, but the clubhouse building is beautiful. The bathroom/shower rooms are open, and are single occupancy each with a locking pass code door, and would rival many upper end hotel restrooms, and are handicapped accessible. One of the major issues not mentioned anywhere is the proximity of the rail road tracks that run not far from the park. The park is off of Interstate 40, and just south of the Interstate are the tracks. Numerous freight trains pass the park day and night, and train whistles are loud and often. Freeway noise is audible, but is far out paced by the trains.

There is Fiber-Optic WiFi internet available, and at this time appears that it is included in the price of the lot rental. Max speeds are advertised at 50+ download and 20 meg upload speeds. We used our T-Mobile home router and clocked 596 meg download and 88 meg upload speeds.

Our site, #23 had a tree, but that came with an unfortunate downside. The tree was on the side of the parking pad area, and a large tree well was dug out then the gravel placed around it. That made a drop off on the drivers side of the rig of about 2-3” and required some significant blocking to get level. Not many sites have mature trees. Many new trees and plants are already in, and in 2-3 years may provide some decent shade.

There is a nice laundry room in the same building as the bath house. Washers were $2.00 per load, and Dryers $1.75. There is a “future amenity area” on the site map that may contain other features, and as of now there is no pet area anywhere on property. Right now it is kind of a mixed bag, so if these features fit your style of camping, you will be happy here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clubhouse activity center.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	476.1 KB
ID:	44709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Premium site features.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	44710   Click image for larger version

Name:	site 23 tree.jpg
Size:	625.5 KB
ID:	44711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabins for sale or rent.jpg
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	44712   Click image for larger version

Name:	I 40 highway near by.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	44713  

Click image for larger version

Name:	restroom 1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	44714   Click image for larger version

Name:	restroom 2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	44715  
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:54 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Take a minute and join Campground Reviews and post your review there. Campground Reviews is owned by this site's owners and many others will see your comments. They even have a place for speed tests.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 07:33 PM   #3
SargeW

I have over 400 reviews there. I am a Pro Member. I just post on various forums for those that don't go to Campground Reviews.
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:40 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeW View Post
I have over 400 reviews there. I am a Pro Member. I just post on various forums for those that don't go to Campground Reviews.
Excellent! Hope others on this forum take advantage of Camground Reviews.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote