Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2023, 11:13 AM   #1
ChelseaLynn368

Parts for 2018 Colt 172RBCT

Hello all! My first post here--from snowy Minnesota...
My husband and I downsized from our 2004 Keystone fifth wheel to a 2018 Colt 172RBCT. It is a bit of a fixer upper (our 5th fixer upper at that, we definitely aren't afraid of some elbow grease!). It needs a new axle (current driver's side is tweaked badly from an impact or hitting something) and I would like to run all new seals along each side this spring.

I have looked online for the torsion axle specs and have come up empty-handed. Does anyone have the dimensions/specs for the 3500 lb torsion axle with electric brakes? Online I've seen a couple different bolt patterns and widths as well. These trailers came stock with the Dexter's, right? Are there any recommendations on a better quality axle to run since we're replacing the whole unit?

I also need the rubber/vinyl gasket width so I can purchase replacements there. (The ones on the unit are pretty beaten and dry from the sun.) I have seen the typical OEM replacements, but also seen some rubber stripping that has channels running along each side--attached a photo for reference. Would something like this provide a better seal/protection? It's $50 more a roll, but if it'd better protect our TT, I think it'd be worth it.

Thank you all and I'm excited to learn and chat in this community!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230226-130945.png
Views:	25
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	43138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230226-130957.png
Views:	29
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	43139  
ChelseaLynn368 is offline   Reply With Quote