Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2023, 09:47 AM   #1
Blueswede

Replacing the stereo/dvd player…

We have the 368MBI model 5th wheel with a crappy Furrion dvd player. What a piece of junk. And a tiny remote with 48 buttons on it? Geezzz…..
Has anyone replaced the entire unit with another better unit that fit the cutout in the cabinet below the tv? What brand did you use? TIA….
Old 02-14-2023, 10:52 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I believe my Furrion is the same unit as yours if the 3D walkthrough on the Keystone website is accurate. And yes, that thing is PURE junk (so are the speakers). I did not replace the head unit. I had another shelf behind a glass cover so I just put in a Sony blu-ray player, installed a Polk sound bar and replaced the way crappy Furrion speakers with JBLs.

The way yours looks you will have to replace the unit. If so go to Crutchfield.com and look at their RV receiver/dvd players. Not a lot of choices anywhere for them but you might also look for double DIN auto stereos to see if something works. My previous Jensen (not an audiophile's dream either) was head and shoulders better than the Furrion.

I know there have been inquiries in the past about replacing the head unit but don't recall the solutions (if any). Maybe someone will chime in. Good luck - they ARE bad.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 10:45 AM   #3
WNY Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueswede View Post
We have the 368MBI model 5th wheel with a crappy Furrion dvd player. What a piece of junk. And a tiny remote with 48 buttons on it? Geezzz…..
Has anyone replaced the entire unit with another better unit that fit the cutout in the cabinet below the tv? What brand did you use? TIA….
Can you take a picture of your setup?
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:14 PM   #4
Blueswede

I just saw your reply….yes, I can take a picture…I just need to go to the storage yard and get inside…

Tags
stereo