Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2023, 08:36 AM   #1
Cougar33

Dometic 310/320 toilet seat

Has anyone had any issues with the "paint" coating on the Dometic Ceramic 310/320 seat. We replaced the original head with the ceramic toilet and it is great. The question is the surface coating on the seat is deteriorating and I'm not sure that repainting is the correct solution. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks, Bob
Cougar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:26 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If I have it correct, your trailer is a 2016 ?? You say you replaced the toilet, so it is "newer than the trailer"... Dometic 310/320 toilets have a standard 2 year warranty, so if the replacement was done within the past 2 years, I'd recommend contacting Dometic with photos of the problem. They tend to have a very lenient and comprehensive warranty repair, so I'd suspect that they would send you a replacement seat.

That said, if your toilet is no longer in warranty, you might consider just buying a new seat and replacing what's there. Not much is more "troublesome" than having DW sit on a repainted toilet seat and realizing that the back of her thighs is covered in "white flakes that won't wipe off because they're stuck to her skin"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:36 AM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar33 View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the "paint" coating on the Dometic Ceramic 310/320 seat. We replaced the original head with the ceramic toilet and it is great. The question is the surface coating on the seat is deteriorating and I'm not sure that repainting is the correct solution. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks, Bob

If it's the 310 you need a round seat, if it's 320 you'll need an elongated seat either one can be found at Lowes/HD in various colors, woods & slow closing if its not warranteed by Dometic, which would be better than painting the old one.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:47 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Get a new wood soft close seat and forget the other one. The new Dometics come with soft close seats but don't know if yours did or not.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, toilet