Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2023, 08:26 AM   #1
Wiggles

back up camera hideoute 245LH

Hello all,

just purchased a 2020 hideout, 245 LH. last owner sad it has a back up camera installed, I can see the camera and the what I believe is the Wi-Fi signal booster to go form vehicle to trailer. (white Wi-Fi booster looking thing attached inside trailer near entrance) He never hooked it up though and there is no manual. anyone have any experience with these? apparently it was factory nd came with the trailer when purchased new.

thanks,
Wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 09:02 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The WIFI antenna is NOT a part of the Furrion rear view camera system. If there is an actual camera installed on your trailer, it didn't come from the factory. All that Hideout installs is the "Furrion rear camera mount" so the camera was either "dealer installed" or "owner installed". If the previous owner says he didn't install it, then the dealer must have, prior to the sale.

All of the "wireless camera systems" require a receiver/screen that is a "second part of the camera system". BOTH components have to be "tuned to work together" so you should also have a "tow vehicle component" with a screen that receives the wireless camera output signal.

There "might be a signal booster" for the rear view camera that's mounted somewhere around the propane tanks/battery on the trailer, but the WIFI antenna that's mounted on the roof of the trailer is NOT a part of the rear camera system.

Climb up close to that fixture on the back of your trailer to confirm that there is actually a camera installed on the camera mount. Unless you were given a "tow vehicle receiver" as a part of the sale, chances are, all that's on the trailer is the "factory mount" with no camera plugged into it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 09:11 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Here are photos of the bracket, the camera mounted on a trailer (note the antenna on the camera as a clue) and the entire system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FURRION CAMERA BRACKET.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	42716   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURRION CAMERA.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	42717   Click image for larger version

Name:	FURRION CAMERA SYSTEM.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	42718  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 01-17-2023, 01:33 PM   #4
Wiggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Here are photos of the bracket, the camera mounted on a trailer (note the antenna on the camera as a clue) and the entire system.
yup... I'm an idiot. there isn't even a camera there.. Its just a port ready to have one plugged in. i guess the old owner was confused and I didn't even notice as it honestly looked like it was a built in camera.

thanks again for the help!
Wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 02:02 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
yup... I'm an idiot. there isn't even a camera there.. Its just a port ready to have one plugged in. i guess the old owner was confused and I didn't even notice as it honestly looked like it was a built in camera.

thanks again for the help!
When it comes to that port ready to have a camera plugged in.....

Seems around the 2018-2021 model years, about half (or maybe more) didn't have any power connected to the adapter. It was just "stuck on the wall to cover a hole" and somewhere in the wall, if you're lucky, you might find two wires that were supposed to be connected to the port.

So, having the bracket does NOT mean much when it comes to "usability"... Check things out BEFORE you commit to spending $500 for a wireless Furrion camera system. You may not have power to operate it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-21-2023, 05:03 AM   #6
Sonders

sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but the 2018 Hideout 28BHS we just purchased has the Furrion camera installed on it. I haven't messed with trying to use the in vehicle monitor yet, but I have noticed that the camera on the back of the camper has blue light that is on all the time. I assume that is just because it is wired up with constant power? This is our first TT with a back up camera; my wife has always been my back up spotter haha.

Tags
hideout