Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2023, 09:42 AM   #21
travelin texans

The badging may say F550, but the tires/wheels are definitely F350. Maybe put the 350 wheels/tires to improve the ride, I'm sure the F550 is like riding a buckboard.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 10:13 AM   #22
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
The badging may say F550, but the tires/wheels are definitely F350. Maybe put the 350 wheels/tires to improve the ride, I'm sure the F550 is like riding a buckboard.
I’m wondering if it really isn’t a F-350 and they just stuck the 550 badges on it. Because all the 450 and 550’s I’ve seen have the front wheel fender flairs. This one does not and I don’t think it has the wide stance front end like the 450’s and larger. Also, looks like about a 2006?

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 01:43 PM   #23
wiredgeorge

Already posted this link.... badges are circa 2006 and there are no fender flairs other than the bolt on things around the front wheels on the one in the ad below. I can buy the same at Autozone.

https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...ennessee-37207
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 04:39 PM   #24
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post

Unlike Danny, I invest my funds in BBQ
We need to hang out George
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 08:24 PM   #25
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
We need to hang out George
I dunno... GA folks think eating pig meat is BBQ... that is just not right. TEXAS BBQ is brisket, sausage and I am partial to turkey but in a minority. I will say that my wife is partial to Coopers Old Time BBQ smoke pork chops which are huge and thick. The Coopers up in Llano is the best BBQ place on the planet! There are several Coopers and I once did a bike run (couple hundred miles) with missus and a pal and his missus and we ate in four Coopers in different towns in one day. Guess I am still packing the evidence.
Old 01-15-2023, 08:45 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I dunno... GA folks think eating pig meat is BBQ... that is just not right. TEXAS BBQ is brisket, sausage and I am partial to turkey but in a minority. I will say that my wife is partial to Coopers Old Time BBQ smoke pork chops which are huge and thick. The Coopers up in Llano is the best BBQ place on the planet! There are several Coopers and I once did a bike run (couple hundred miles) with missus and a pal and his missus and we ate in four Coopers in different towns in one day. Guess I am still packing the evidence.
Pulled pork is very popular in GA and N FL best I can tell. I smoke a butt once in a while but sausage and brisket are my "go tos". Now I smoke spare ribs and baby back ribs quite often. Since I can't eat all that (nor the brisket) I give much of it away. I carry my own smoker because smoked brisket, sausage etc. is kind of sparse. All sausage here tastes like it is mixed with breakfast sausage so I bring lots of my own...including about 5 rings from Dutchmen's in Fredericksburg.

I once tried Coopers in Junction not knowing (should have, doesn't look anything like the "good" bbq places). They are not the same Coopers as Llano and was disappointed. Last time I was at Coopers in Llano got tired of waiting and finally told the guy at the register to just give me the whole brisket they had on the smoker outside the door. Wrapped it up, put it in the SUV for the ride home (4 1/2 hours) and thought DW and I would both be gnawing the coverings off the seats by the time we got home.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 05:47 AM   #27
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Pulled pork is very popular in GA and N FL best I can tell. I smoke a butt once in a while but sausage and brisket are my "go tos". Now I smoke spare ribs and baby back ribs quite often. Since I can't eat all that (nor the brisket) I give much of it away. I carry my own smoker because smoked brisket, sausage etc. is kind of sparse. All sausage here tastes like it is mixed with breakfast sausage so I bring lots of my own...including about 5 rings from Dutchmen's in Fredericksburg.

I once tried Coopers in Junction not knowing (should have, doesn't look anything like the "good" bbq places). They are not the same Coopers as Llano and was disappointed. Last time I was at Coopers in Llano got tired of waiting and finally told the guy at the register to just give me the whole brisket they had on the smoker outside the door. Wrapped it up, put it in the SUV for the ride home (4 1/2 hours) and thought DW and I would both be gnawing the coverings off the seats by the time we got home.
The Coopers in Junction is a poor substitute for the one in Llano or Mason. Their offerings don't seem to be straight out of the pit and the one in New Braunfels doesn't feel like a BBQ place. I see that Coopers seems to have franchised the name as there is one near DFW and Houston. Never been to either.
Old 01-16-2023, 07:45 AM   #28
notanlines

In the real world Texas does dead cow, Memphis does dead pig, and the rest just aren’t in the running.
A common dish served at our pot-lucks in the RV park is a pork butt, “cooked” to oblivion in a slow cooker, shredded and then mixed with about a five gallon container of Kraft BBQ sauce. The individual responsible for this is from Ontario. It makes DW and I want to go running and screaming like a schoolgirl.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote