Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #21
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art L View Post
This unit has an on demand water heater which eliminates the 12 gallons for the water heater tank. I know agree the gvwr/cargo capacity includes water in heater tank but I presumed the listed fresh water tank volume was the actual gallons the tank will hold. I am taking it back to the dealership in November for this and several other issues this unit has.

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know what your final resolution is. I'm sure many of us with similar units will have the same "real world" capacity so that will be good to know. As a side note, my tank will always burp and come out the gravity fill without leaking from the tank... So I'd say you are safe in assuming you have an issue
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:50 AM   #22
Art L

Update - I finally found a dealer 110 miles away that agreed to work on my issues. Took the unit to them on Dec 20th 2021 and got it back the first week of April 2022..long time waiting but i believe they solved the issue with the water tank.

They dropped the tank and found a fitting on the side of the tank that did not have any thread sealant on it and it was not tight. Also they said the overflow/vent line was hooked in the wrong fitting and was to low on the side of the tank. Great quality control at the factory I guess!!!

Anyway the leak is fixed and the overflow/vent is working as expected now. Insulation and underbelly restored and looks good. Glad they got that fixed. Hoping to get it back in to repair some other issues with the unit but it may be this fall. The dealer finally got approval for repairs on the remaining items and parts are ordered. Time will tell.

Thanks to everyone for their input on this issue. Much appreciated!!
2021 GMC 3500 Dually
Art L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 06:40 AM   #23
356Raptor

I see this is an older post but here’s what I found on my 2021 raptor356….
The water tank vent on the curb side of the trailer doubles as a “gravity” type fill port.
The vent cap is easily removable by sliding it in an upward direction revealing a fill port.
I’ve used it many time both with a hose or 5 gallon jugs…
356Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water tank, raptor, tank, water