Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2023, 06:35 AM   #1
TTlifer2002

Hello

On third Keystone TT--looking for ideas to make our current 221BH dinette a little more comfortable because we love everything but the dinette!
TTlifer2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:57 AM   #2
dutchmensport

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on getting your new camper.

We've had 2 travel trailers in our past that also had booth dinettes and we hated both of them. I think the biggest reason for our hatred is because they have low backs. They are OK for eating at. And they are OK when turning into a bed. But when lounging on them, to watch television or to read a good book, there is no way to actually get comfortable and rest the head.

One thing we did was to keep the dinette in the "bed" position instead of "eating" position. Then we could simply stretch out (some), lay a bit more flat and prop our heads up on pillows.

I always wondered why they didn't make those booths with high backs, tall enough to rest ones head when slouching into a comfortable position.

Or 3rd travel trailer and our current fifth wheel, both have free standing table and chairs. And both campers came with high backed recliner style chairs in the living area. THAT made all the difference in the world! The table is now dedicated for eating, for sitting straight, on a real chair. Once done, we navigate to the recliner chairs where we can slouch into and actually rest our heads and not have to hold them up all the time.

What I'm saying is, the reason your dinette is so uncomfortable is because you always have to hold your head up and your neck gets real, real tired very quick. And then, that makes the entire body uncomfortable.

If they made the dinettes with a high back and some cushion on them, they might be a bit more user friendly.

Anyway, that's my take on it. Figure out a way to make a way to support your head when relaxing, and I bet you'll enjoy those dinettes a lot more. (otherwise, you can remove them and put in free standing table and chairs).

In our current fifth wheel, we even removed the original table and chairs and opened that space us. We never used the table for eating at anyway. We always eat at the recliners or outside around the camp fire.

Welcome to the forums. Sorry for the long rant ... I got carried away!
Old 03-17-2023, 12:39 PM   #3
Gary R.

Hello and welcome!

Congrats on your new camper!

Enjoy and take care!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:53 PM   #4
jxnbbl

welcome from NH!
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote