Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2023, 05:18 PM   #1
JedMichele

Fuel station transfer pump

My rig is a raptor 352 with the dual on board gas tanks.

This whole fuel system has been a absolute joke.
First was figuring out how to turn it on..... got that now. Second was getting it to pump...... pump was installed half assed and the inlet was kinked.
Third was trying to fill it at the gas station...... the fill opening was installed too low so you can't fill it without jacking up the whole side of the rig.
Now to my current problem...... my Gen tank ran out so I went to transfer some fuel. The pump won't turn on. No lights at all on the pad next to the tanks. Check fuses under the sink and no issues. Don't see any loose or broken wires. Is there another fuse somewhere? Is there something else to look for?

Side note question....... what kind of run time should I expect from my 5500 onan for 30 gallons of gas?
JedMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 06:21 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

What year is your rig? Do you have an inside fuel gauge? Some have a 15 minute timer inside the coach.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 07:21 PM   #3
JedMichele

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
What year is your rig? Do you have an inside fuel gauge? Some have a 15 minute timer inside the coach.

2022 Raptor 352
There's 2 "fuel gauges" one is on the on/off switch pad outside next to the tanks. The other is integrated into the in-command system. (A system with a whole host of problems itself) I haven't seen any evidence of a timer anywhere. This was the first time I've tried using that pump in almost a month. It just won't power up.
Old 02-21-2023, 07:53 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I would check for 12VDC on both sides of the outside switch.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 07:58 AM   #5
Essvar

The switches on the exterior next to the pump have been problematic, I know a number that have needed to be replaced. Mine included. When mine was acting up I could get it to come on with a little frustration "persuasion"
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 08:51 AM   #6
JedMichele

Solved........

Wasn't able to do much in the dark and rain last night. The panel, switch, whatever you want to call it decide to give up, can't find any reason why. After sorting out all the wires today I hotwired it and got it pumping to fill my Gen tank. When I get somewhere that I can find the right parts and have a little time I will be fixing all the garbage back there. Mounting the pump in the right location, adding a fitting or 2 to keep the hose from kinking, and mounting a switch INSIDE the compartment with on off and reverse flow.

It's truly amazing to me how cobbled together these rigs are.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:53 AM   #7
Rickmeyertire

Fuzion 379. Thought it would be very nice to have on board fuel.
1st trip, 17 people at our race camp no one brought gas cans. Dependent on my Keystone My Keystone. Never will rely on that plan.
Jumped to use it, then blown fuse,replaced it,still nothing.
Had to get D battert operated fuel pump and another Gan can to go with my 8 at home.
Get gas and pump it into my Gen tank.
If this was the only problem I had I would understand. I had shower leaking across the floor, bed slide stuck. ($600 motor bad) shelf fell upart ,door fell off and wall breaking between left and right side in bedroom. Etc...
Upset most of the trip.
Rickmeyertire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 10:06 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickmeyertire View Post
Fuzion 379. Thought it would be very nice to have on board fuel.
1st trip, 17 people at our race camp no one brought gas cans. Dependent on my Keystone My Keystone. Never will rely on that plan.
Jumped to use it, then blown fuse,replaced it,still nothing.
Had to get D battert operated fuel pump and another Gan can to go with my 8 at home.
Get gas and pump it into my Gen tank.
If this was the only problem I had I would understand. I had shower leaking across the floor, bed slide stuck. ($600 motor bad) shelf fell upart ,door fell off and wall breaking between left and right side in bedroom. Etc...
Upset most of the trip.
New or used trailer ??? If new, your dealer didn't do you any "favors" by ignoring the need to do a "quality PDI" before delivery to you. If used, there's no telling how the previous owner "used/abused" the trailer....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel