Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2022, 08:07 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
At the risk of sounding prejudice, but has anyone else noticed that nearly every customer service call we've made lately all have such an accent that it's nearly impossible to understand what they're saying. My DW has went so as to ask for someone that speaks english.
Yep, during the multiple calls yesterday the first attempt to send me to "America" for further assistance resulted in a 5 minute hold and then they hung up. Second attempt to xfer me resulted in about a 10 minute hold waiting for "America" and then another person from "somewhere over there" came back on the line and tried to assist....yet again....to no avail. Both attempts to xfer were their decisions and not my request. There is no such thing as service any more - just those that want your money.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:21 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Seems to me that since telecommunications advanced from the undersea trunk line to satellite communications, the price of "toll free service" has gotten cheap enough to "outsource customer service" to places where some "enterprising upstart company" has incorporated an English as a second language class with a satellite phone company and now they call it "English lab 101" at the University of New Delhi.....

It provides a practical experience in speaking the American part of the English language, is cheaper for the American company to outsource their "phone bank" and we (the ones who don't really count after the sale) are the ones paying the price......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:58 PM   #23
Mike Honcho

Reported this morning as a collision that resulted in the other damage. $750 deductible and maybe my $1080 premium goes up some. I'll take a chance on that. Just want to get it fixed right and sooner than later. Thanks all.
Mike Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:05 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

If your RV is the one listed in your profile (2021 Fuzsion) then part or possibly all of the damaged axle/suspension is or should be covered by the trailer warranty. If it's got Dexter axles/suspension it's 6 years, if it's Lippert axles (still used on some Keystone trailers) I believe it's 5 years. Plus, depending on the tire brand, some of them are covered for a period of time, Tredit "says they cover their tires for 5 years" but in practice, one member couldn't even get them to respond to his calls, so take it for what that's worth.

That won't help with the sideswipe damage, but may lessen the pain of price increases on the policy.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:08 PM   #25
apachewolf

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
At the risk of sounding prejudice, but has anyone else noticed that nearly every customer service call we've made lately all have such an accent that it's nearly impossible to understand what they're saying. My DW has went so as to ask for someone that speaks english.
Wut…yea no unnastund wut I speak? Me no haff rooster me haff nattergail who sung for youuu.

Just kidding.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:58 PM   #26
Mike Honcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If your RV is the one listed in your profile (2021 Fuzsion) then part or possibly all of the damaged axle/suspension is or should be covered by the trailer warranty. If it's got Dexter axles/suspension it's 6 years, if it's Lippert axles (still used on some Keystone trailers) I believe it's 5 years. Plus, depending on the tire brand, some of them are covered for a period of time, Tredit "says they cover their tires for 5 years" but in practice, one member couldn't even get them to respond to his calls, so take it for what that's worth.

That won't help with the sideswipe damage, but may lessen the pain of price increases on the policy.
It is all reported as a collision that resulted in everything else. All was the result of the tire hitting the pole hard enough (slow but Cummins torque) to dislodge leaf spring parts that snowballed into them all failing resulting in side of of axle no longer fastened to main leaf spring. That side pulled back into center tire and sat there locked in place until tire wore enough to blow. That is the first point I felt anything.

Was up against a concrete barrier and could barley get out to see what happened. Once I did see I decided way to dangerous to even sit where I was. So 5 MPH smokin the tire down the road with me mostly on the shoulder. Everyone including trucks blowing by me with inches to spare a few times. But was necessary and not worth dying over. Once I got to a good spot I backed up a foot or so to get the front wheel off the center wheel.

Called for towing and it seemed like all they were going to do was stabilize it somehow ant tow on the remained 2 wheels. So while waiting I lifted the whole back end with the equalizer hydraulics and pulled the wheel off, centered the axle with a tape measure, and tied into place with some Ancra tie downs (truly the best tie downs). Called off the tow and pulled it to the dealership on backroads.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:03 PM   #27
Mike Honcho

Pictures attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A6959686-5F83-432B-B276-C184B25C46A1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	39860   Click image for larger version

Name:	4923E8DF-3FCA-4BBD-9C00-B2A84461A3AB.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	433.5 KB
ID:	39861   Click image for larger version

Name:	67CEA089-65E6-4C57-86AA-C4500F45FACF.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	39862   Click image for larger version

Name:	C10C23E9-8393-470C-9FAB-68584B7B5AC3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	39863  
Old 05-22-2022, 06:58 PM   #28
sahively

Wow, just a chain reaction of awful. Hopefully the parts won't take long to get in. Good luck.
sahively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:04 AM   #29
Mike Honcho

We should be fine as summer is our off season for the camper. Live in FL and mainly use it in the cooler months for riding offroad bikes. I think I will have it back in 2-3 weeks but will have to take back for the cosmetic stuff when the parts come in from keystone. Everything else is generic off the shelf parts.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:52 PM   #30
Mike Honcho

Well crap! How long has it been? RV is still not completely fixed. They took forever to fix the chassis stuff after many excuses as to wrong parts ordered to wrong parts delivered. After 4 months or so sitting exposed to FL sun (I pay for covered storage) I took it home with cosmetic work left to be done. They say they can't get matching materials sent from Keystone. May need to escalate through insurance that if material can't be matched then all must be replaced to match with something else.

Anyway once this is behind me my RV will never go to a dealer again. The warranty repairs suck (not going to go into details but believe me, they suck), I had to do 3 of the repairs they said no issue found, and was also told the generator exhaust pipe supports (now held up with tie wire) would be the same type and probably break before I got it home.

Why is the industry so crappy? I am a boater and recognize the the worst boat built is still built better than most RV's. It's a glorified big ole box to hang out in. And a fun one at that. But we are better off if I fix things or we hire the mobile RV tech business to fix what I can't or don't want to deal with. The RV dealerships make used car guys and new car "Stealerships" look like upstanding solid citizens.
Old 02-05-2023, 06:15 PM   #31
Mike Honcho

Latest update. Nothing. They supposedly can't get the J-wrap in from keystone. Yet keystone is building many units with the same J-wrap. I am lucky to have a diligent adjuster at Progressive on top of this and the dealership giving me updates. Sad state of affairs for the industry. Almost a year old soon.
Old 02-05-2023, 06:58 PM   #32
NH_Bulldog

Sorry to hear that, but it seems like it has been an ongoing thing for many industries. My awning that was damaged (mentioned in my earlier post in this thread) took 6-7 months to get. Lippert had commitments to the RV manufacturers and I was at the bottom of their list even though I was paying retail price. I suspect the same thing going on with your j-wrap. Keystone has commitments to build new units and doesn’t want to short themselves, so you wait.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 07:15 PM   #33
chuckster57
Site Team

Ah yes J wrap. We have a TH that we have been waiting over 13 months to get and it’s not a Keystone.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:33 AM   #34
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I have 2 different visions of the actuarial dept at insurance companies.....
First vision is of a group of "suits" setting at desks with several large computer monitors. Computers are connected to a room with a stand alone "super computer". Their desks are absolutly organized with neatly stacked papers, pens remain in a pen holder when not in hand. A single cup of coffee perfectly centered on a coaster next to the precisely aligned mouse pad. The walls are eggshell beige with nicely framed photos of calculating devices from across the ages.

Second vision is room littered with trash, banana peels, apple cores, junk food wrappers and empty Red Bull cans. There's one guy in the center of the room with a desk. On the desk under papers and trash is a laptop. The walls are covered with dartboards with numbers on each sector, the only exception is the miniature basketball hoop. The lone actuarial calls out "Coco, let's get to work" and from one pile of trash out crawls a chimpanzee. He hands him a dart and when he flings it at the wall he hands the chimp a snack and the miniature basketball. He records the results in the rate box of a policy after digging out the laptop.

I know both images are inaccurate but sometimes I think the 2 scenarios render similar results.
Several years ago a large state university's (I forget which one) business school did a stock portfolio study. One portfolio they studied trends, management techniques, markets, ect. Normal practices. The other they threw darts at the WSJ stock page. Both portfolios, as I remember, drew similar returns.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote