Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2022, 08:42 AM   #21
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrownefleck View Post
Well, after 7 weeks in the shop, it has finally been repaired under warranty costing Keystone $7800. CW carries a 1 yr warranty on their work, so we will keep a close eye one it. Service manager was great in providing pix of the damage. You can even read THIS SIDE DOWN on the boards, which means factory installed it wrong!
Not sure it makes a difference which side of the OSB is up or down unless there was some sort of barrier attached to the side not seen. Also, how was your stay outside the camper during the repair period handled?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:30 AM   #22
Kbrownefleck

So far, it hasn't been handled . I emailed detail and receipts to them at their direction and will post when they reply.
Kbrownefleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 07:50 PM   #23
wegone

Let me share a story that happened to me and my Bullet trailer.
In a hurry I stored the trailer with a slight tilt from side to side.
The high side was the side where my big slide was.
Everything was closed up, all nice and tight, and I forgot about her while she slumbered.
We had a need to go inside her, I forgot why, but was surprised to see water very much like where you found yours.
I couldn't see anything obvious, but I did trace the "track" coming from higher up, and alongside the slide vertical trim.
I then gave thought to how here in the pacific Northwest we get a lot of rain, and it seeped in through the seal, and since the trailer wasn't level, it allowed the water to run inward, instead of over and out by the natural pitch they put onto of slides.
I releveled the trailer and took my time to get it right, and never had that issue again.
I didn't fix any seals, etc, that was all I did.
I think the flatter the roof might add to the problem in heavy rain, because those little gutters don't hold much water either and spill over, and they get debris in them as well, which then spills over the sidewalls above a slider.

That was a big factor why my new trailer has a barrel roof and larger gutters.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, floor, keystone