Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
lorax614

using water pump for antifreeze

I'm planning on pumping antifreeze thru the lines right from the bottles. The flojet pump has quick connect fittings, pull the blue tab out, slip the fitting off. Does anyone know where I can procure one of these fittings online? My local CW isn't really all that local, a couple of hours round trip. Plus I'll probally end up comming home with some stuff that I want (not nessarilly need) The fitting seems easy enough, but the GOOGLE has failed me. Maybe a part # would help?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I Googled "flo-jet quick connect" and came up with hundreds of on-line and stores that stock them. Maybe my Google is bigger than your Google?
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
webslave

My suggestion? Get the "Winterizing Kit" and install it. It is a valve type diverter with an extension hose that goes into the antifreeze bottle. Turn the valve, insert the hose in the jug and turn your pump on. No fittings to disconnect or reconnect and for the most part, those fittings are made easy for service and not intended to be used routinely...the rubber parts are not that abrasive resistant and, IMHO, will wear rather readily leading to a leaky fitting that will undoubtably start leaking in the middle of nowhere. A winterizing kit is cheap and much easier to use and purpose designed; turn the valve to winterize, turn it back when finished.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
lorax614

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
I Googled "flo-jet quick connect" and came up with hundreds of on-line and stores that stock them. Maybe my Google is bigger than your Google?
That's exactly the problem TO BIG, in my searches I found several different discriptions of connectors. I'm clueless (no suprise there) as to which one is the right one. But I'm still searching.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
2011 keystone

I sent you a pm
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Criptix

Any of the flo-jet fittings you can find online will do. All the winterizing kits I could find all had 3/4" NPT connections for other or older pumps.

Me I just went to my local RV dealer and got a right angled Flo-Jet connector. Made it easier for clearance. Then I went to a hardware store and bought 2' of clear tubing and a hose clamp. Slide tubing onto barb side of connector and secure with a hose clamp and voila!! Whole thing cost 10-15$

Now all I have to do is pull blue connector release, put in my hose contraption and then tubing into the antifreeze. Easy.

As for the o-ring on the connector if it wears out or gets cut they are easily found everywhere, hardware stores, hydraulics stores, plumbing stores, farm stores etc.
Criptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Lorax, Look through the stack of manuals that came with your trailer for the Flo-Jet manual or get the model number directly from the pump. Locate that # here Search for "PUMPS" then select Flo-Jet, find your model # and click on exploded view and select the fitting you want. Or take the part # and locate it someplace else. Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
lorax614

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Lorax, Look through the stack of manuals that came with your trailer for the Flo-Jet manual or get the model number directly from the pump. Locate that # here Search for "PUMPS" then select Flo-Jet, find your model # and click on exploded view and select the fitting you want. Or take the part # and locate it someplace else. Hope this helps, Hank
Hank, I was doing exactly that as you were posting it. The good o'l paper manual is hard to beat, especially for an analog man living in a digital world.

Thank you all for your input, I did find the part # and am planning to try to get one at a local plumbing supply house.