Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
Jorme

Fan blew apart!!!!

Well, for those of you who have been following my electrical nightmare for the last couple of months, I finally got a new monitor, ran a separate wire from a blank block on the fuse panel and all works perfect!!!!!!

We just got home a few hours ago from having it out for the weekend up at 1 of our favorite spots Pismo Coast Village. Absolutely beautiful weather, everything on the trailer worked, (even my new mods!!! New power outlet under the kitchen cabinet and rewired my cable to accept the satellite) couldnt have asked for a smoother weekend, UNTIL, my 5 year old turned on the bathroom fan last night and the blade blew into about 1000 pcs.

So that is now on my to do list. Is there an upgrade? I know you can replace the just the blade, any other suggestions?

Only problem i have heard with replacing the blade is that the shaft can vary in diameter.

https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l..._1572720_n.jpg
Jorme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
golfpro

don't worry about the fan, they are notorious about blowing apart. can't say if it's the sun on your's with out seeing your set up. many of us got tired of the Little noisy fan in the bathroom and replaced it with a fantastic fan. get a three speed reverse-able and install a wall switch for it. that's what I did and it is so nice. One thing about the big fan is when you flush the toilet with the fan going, it draws so much air that it will actually draw the odor from the black tank into the TT. so with the wall switch, you can shut it off and flush then turn it back on.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #3
Roberson4

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
One thing about the big fan is when you flush the toilet with the fan going, it draws so much air that it will actually draw the odor from the black tank into the TT. so with the wall switch, you can shut it off and flush then turn it back on.
Sorry, I thought it was funny reading this thinking about Jorme saying "my 5 year old turned on the bathroom fan last night"

We have 3 kids and one on the way. It would certainly not happen in the correct order in our camper. I would have to rig some sort of switch to the flush pedel if I wanted the fan off when it was flushed.

Good point though. Must be a good fan!

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2001 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch
Had
2008 Hornet Retreat 38BHDS (Good camper)
2006 Terry 320DBHS (POS)
Roberson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
CincyGus

A little cheaper is the Vortex replacment fan sold on camping world. Also replaceable from inside the camper without distrubing your roof vent or it's caulking on the roof.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-upgrade/49448

I put one of these in a vent in the center of the trailer that had no fan and just tapped into the closest lights wires. Works wonderfully and saved me a few bucks.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
SLIMSHADIE

2nd the Vortex fan, great cheap upgrade. Works good in the bathroom, pulls out all the steam from the shower. Its a little noisy but well worth it. They came out with a Vortex 2, twice the price but has different speeds and reversable. Im probably going to install the V2 in my middle vent.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
Jseverence

Agree on the vortex fan upgrade, the whole change out only took me 20 minutes. Way, way surpasses the OEM fan. Couldn't believe Keystone used such a small fan.
Reese R16 5th wheel hitch, with with slider.
Jseverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
Jorme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
A little cheaper is the Vortex replacment fan sold on camping world. Also replaceable from inside the camper without distrubing your roof vent or it's caulking on the roof.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-upgrade/49448

I put one of these in a vent in the center of the trailer that had no fan and just tapped into the closest lights wires. Works wonderfully and saved me a few bucks.
Just ordered this one.....

Old 05-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Jorme

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fan showed up today.