Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #1
Randy Randall

Furrion TV Cable AutoScan Issue

This sounds like a recurring issue with some folks, but I cannot find the answer I am looking for. So, here goes...2019 keystone Alpine 3021re, Furrion TVs. Can auto scan for OTA to use antenna and find channels to watch. But when I change to cable, rather than antenna, the auto scan function searches without finding any channels and I enter a the auto scan death spiral repeatedly. I am connected to park cable. I've read in other forums that you need to turn off the antenna booster/amp for the Furrion to complete the cable autoscan. I've looked everywhere for the magic button to power the antenna amp down, but all I can find is a power light, no button. The dealer tells me there is no longer a power button because when you select cable, the antenna powers off automatically. Well, that is not happening, or something else is going on. This should be a simple thing, but I have spent hours trying to figure it out and the dealer knows about as much as I do, which is not much. :-)

Thanks for any help!!!
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021re
"Never tell me the odds" (Han Solo, 1980).
Randy Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #2
Tbos

I have an early 2019 3651RL (delivered in Apr 2018) the amp is behind and above the bedroom TV. It’s where the cable comes out of the roof. It is very small and there is a light to show when the amp is on. If you can’t find it you can call the Keystone Owners customer care line. They may be able to help. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:19 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Somewhere, behind one of your TV's (probably closest to the antenna location) you should find a amplifier wall plate that looks something like one of these. Each of them has an off/on switch that's hard to see but is there...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV WALL PLATE 1.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	20758   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV WALL PLATE 2.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	20759  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
MattHelm21

If you are at a park that has digital cable, you will need to determine if your TV has “qam” tuner installed. My Fuzion has 4 TV’s. One Sony with the tuner which pulls in digital cable channels and 3 Seiki’s which do not. See if you can confirm this on the Furrion.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #5
jcoffey0517

I recently purchased a 2019 Bullet 308bhs and I cannot locate the booster on/off switch either. I have checked all three TV connects within the unit. I cannot even locate a light saying that the booster is active. My dealer told me my unit wasn't equipped with a booster but it does have the Omni-directional rooftop antenna. In reading the furrion manual it clearly says to turn "on" the booster prior to scanning for channels. Too bad I cant figure out how to accomplish step 1!
jcoffey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
Jseitz

I had the same problem and searched everywhere for the magic button. I finally found it in the bedroom tv connection on the ceiling. The outlet has a really tiny black button that I needed a flashlight to see. Push the button and a green light comes on. My buddy with the adjustable antena has the button located in the same place on the bedroom ceiling wall plate. Good luck!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:46 PM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoffey0517 View Post
My dealer told me my unit wasn't equipped with a booster
I wouldn't ask your dealer ANYTHING of any importance about operations of your rv, as apparently they don't know much about rvs.
You WILL have a booster somewhere, it's just well hidden.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:07 AM   #8
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Randall View Post
This sounds like a recurring issue with some folks, but I cannot find the answer I am looking for. So, here goes...2019 keystone Alpine 3021re, Furrion TVs. Can auto scan for OTA to use antenna and find channels to watch. But when I change to cable, rather than antenna, the auto scan function searches without finding any channels and I enter a the auto scan death spiral repeatedly. I am connected to park cable. I've read in other forums that you need to turn off the antenna booster/amp for the Furrion to complete the cable autoscan. I've looked everywhere for the magic button to power the antenna amp down, but all I can find is a power light, no button. The dealer tells me there is no longer a power button because when you select cable, the antenna powers off automatically. Well, that is not happening, or something else is going on. This should be a simple thing, but I have spent hours trying to figure it out and the dealer knows about as much as I do, which is not much. :-)
Thanks for any help!!!
Since your Alpine is a 2019, I'm wondering whether you have the new "KeyTV Plug and Play" system installed. My new 2019 Cougar 34TSB has the KeyTV system, and I was told that all I need to do is hook up the cable (or satellite) on the outside box on the camper and all of the TV's mysteriously "know" what type of signal it is without having a power button. I know that on mine, there is a green light at the entrance box, but no button to turn it on or off. I am going to try hooking up my 3 TV's to DirecTV today, and see if this KeyTV system works.

I have attached some literature on KeyTV in the event this is what your Alpine has. Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KeyTV plug and play system information.pdf (255.4 KB, 588 views)
File Type: pdf KRV_KeyTV_QuickStartGuide_OH REV PROOF3.pdf (1.68 MB, 875 views)
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #9
ChuckS

If your Alpine is equipped with the Keystone multi source box there will be NO separate OTA antenna booster button switch ... period...

The box selects what cable to provide signal source to

Since you are getting OTA tv reception ok then I’d be looking on back of that multi source box at the CABLE coax connection source input. TV uses same coax outlet for OTA or cable.

Also I’m assuming you did switch TV to cable in the menu and then do a scan.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #10
ChuckS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3030.jpg
Views:	2251
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	21073

This gives you an Idea of back side of multi source box if you have the Key TV system

I’d verify you have 12 volts coming to the controller and if so and light on front is lit up then most likely you have an issue with the Key TV controller

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #11
jcoffey0517

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I wouldn't ask your dealer ANYTHING of any importance about operations of your rv, as apparently they don't know much about rvs.
You WILL have a booster somewhere, it's just well hidden.
Agreed, which is why I turned to strangers on the internet that have experience with the models

After reading about KeyTV in this thread; I discovered this is what my unit is equipped with. So yes I have a booster but it turns on/off automatically rather than manually with a button. The wall-plates that the cable actually connects to behind the television says "KeyTV" on them. I was too busy looking for a button that I failed to see it.

I was able to test out the system today and was able to find 32 channels with very decent reception. Ill be interested to see how it operates when I am a little further from civilization.
jcoffey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:01 AM   #12
wfredregill

I have the Key TV feature and I also just ran into this issue when connecting to the campground's cable for the first time. Looked everywhere for a button to turn on the booster before getting to the forum and discovering that there is no button or light. I could scan the OTA channels but nothing on cable.

It turned out that someone in the campground had turned off the switch that powers the signal boosters that I was on. Once that was powered up, the cable autoscan worked perfectly.
wfredregill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:28 AM   #13
philbtv

Thanks a million.My new to me 2018 Cougar 5th wheel was only getting off the air and nothing when I switched to the cable setting. At least now I know where the booster switch is. Thanks for the super helpful info!

2018 Cougar 279RKSWE
2015 Ram 2500
Andersen Ultimate w/ B&W Turnover ball
philbtv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable