Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
Johnny's Journey

Table Leg & Base

I've been looking at all the manufactures of Table Leg & Bases so I can do away with the folding nightmare I currently was supplied with. I'm liking what Surfit has to offer. Is it good or bad ? Is there better and why ? Thanks https://www.amazon.com/ITC-81TS1000-.../dp/B007H2SIKS
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
cvin

could you show pics of the folding set up you have
and why you dont like it

i have the outback that the bed comes in from the back of the trailer and you have to put the dinette down, i wanted to replace that 2 leg table base with a folding one
Old 09-08-2017, 05:50 AM   #3
Johnny's Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvin View Post
could you show pics of the folding set up you have
and why you dont like it

i have the outback that the bed comes in from the back of the trailer and you have to put the dinette down, i wanted to replace that 2 leg table base with a folding one
I have this
Old 09-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
cvin

great, that is the one i was going to buy
and you say it it is awful? not stable or what?
Old 09-08-2017, 09:54 PM   #5
Johnny's Journey

It's not a bad unit by design. It's just bulky to use (lowering or raising is a challenge in tight spaces) with the floor plan I have. Also when down to make dinette into a sleeper one has to be careful not to place they're weight at the edges as it will tip (I do not have cleating along the front edge of the seats from the factory). Also I have U shape seating and sometimes like to remove the table for just sitting and it's size makes it impossible to store away.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:41 PM   #6
cvin

Hmm, mine is never going to be used as a sleeper, although my dinette seats do seem to have a lip to hold the table top when i put it down so the bed slide comes in

I was just looking for something that is quicker/easier to lift/lower the table than putting on 2 legs and trying to line up the table top by leaning under the table

Is the folding base not bolted to the floor? Sounds like you can move it around?

What trailer do you have? Mine is a 2015 trs230
I do not have a u shaped dinette and do not see removing the table for anything

No chance you are heading toward az soon, we could trade
Old 09-09-2017, 06:51 AM   #7
Johnny's Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvin View Post
Is the folding base not bolted to the floor? Sounds like you can move it around?

What trailer do you have? Mine is a 2015 trs230

No chance you are heading toward az soon, we could trade
Q1-No it's not bolted to the floor and yes I do move it to bring it up or down. Some of the issue just may vary well be that the top it's self is fastened 90 degrees of how it is the the video. It may very well work better if it was mounted so I could use it in a left to right manner figuratively speaking versus front to back. Q2-2018 202QB Q3-Sorry nothing planned currently.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:57 AM   #8
rjrelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny's Journey View Post
I've been looking at all the manufactures of Table Leg & Bases so I can do away with the folding nightmare I currently was supplied with. I'm liking what Surfit has to offer. Is it good or bad ? Is there better and why ? Thanks https://www.amazon.com/ITC-81TS1000-.../dp/B007H2SIKS
They look like the same ones they used on our drop down dinette. I would probably go with the aluminum alloy instead of the black polymer only because I cracked one on our last trip. I leaned across the table to adjust the blinds and the table leg acted like a lever. Luckily, the polymer seemed to hold well with super glue for now. Also, they are convenient for removing the table and stowing it away for more room, but it's always a "watch your toes" moment when one leg sticks to the upper connector and then drops to the floor.

Randi & Shirley
2016 Ford F-350 SRW CCSB 6.7L 4WD
2022 Forest River Vibe 26RK
rjrelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #9
Johnny's Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrelander View Post
go with the aluminum alloy instead of the black polymer only because I cracked one
Most definitely. Thanks