Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
crwjcw05

roof cracks from decals

I have a 2006 Keystone Hobbi 220 toy hauler. On the front of the roof there are decals decending down the front of the camper. The roof has split and crack along and under the black decals? The rest of the roof is fine. It looks like it is a direct result of the stickers being on top of the roof. Has any one else ever had this problem?
crwjcw05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
scoutlt1

try to do whatever you can to get the front panel replaced asap!..you will probably need to replace the insulation as well.
I have a Hobbi and am doing that this weekend. When i removed the panel, which was cracked and warped, what a mess I found!
A half panel of insulation was completely missing...(never installed), there was cut up roofing material laying there, there was a strip of adhesive backing all curled up and laying there, there were metal filings and all kinds of dust/debris all over the place...
The "workmanship" was absolutely disgusting!...there was even a piece of paper towel stuffed between the inside panel and the aluminum framing.
It really makes we worry about the rest of the trailer.
Try to get the whole trailer checked for leaks and weak points....hopefully your dealer is more helpful than mine!
If anyone wants to see pictures please e-mail me...
Hope everything works out for you.....isn't it a great feeling that you work like crazy so you can afford something that you think you can enjoy...and this is what happens.

all the best,

M
scoutlt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
bamabiker

Ive got the same problem with my hobbi..started under the stickers and quickly went all over rippled and cracking.Sides are starting to bubble also i get sick everytime i make a payment.Please post results..i guess i've got to repair mine also..dealer no help.
bamabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
kabutl

Roof Cracks 2006 Hobbi

Mine is also cracking under the black stripe. Where do we get the materials to repair if we have to do that our self. Sounds like there may be several people with the same problem.....I know I am not very happy with the price I was quoted to repair. $3500
kabutl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
glennsauto

my warranty packet claims 10 year warranty on panels going to try to get service on my 2006 hobbi 220 dosent leak just looks like crap paid big money have taken good care of it ill let you know how it turns out.
glennsauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
HamptonHouse7

I have a 2003 Couger 5th Wheel. The front cap(?) where the Couger Decal goes, I think that is what it is called, has SPLIT from the top 1/2 way down. Found out Keystone does not carry the front cap and instead will have to go to Body Shop to make repairs. Costs quoted was $1500 to $3500. How difficult is it to replace.
HamptonHouse7 is offline   Reply With Quote