Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
MisaLetet

Three AC unit help

Hello all,

I stumbled upon a post where someone discussed how they wired a third AC unit utilizing the washer/dryer wiring so that all three units run at the same time. I thought I clicked "subscribe to thread" so I could show my husband, but it's not in the folder. I have searched for it but can't find it. HELP!!!

Can somebody help me find it PLEASE!

Thank you,
Lisa
MisaLetet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
Frank G

Lisa

If you have the roof opening for the 3rd AC and there is a power line tucked in that space (you have to pulldown the roof vent surround) you are half way there.
The second half is tracing the wiring back to the circuit breaker panel, if it is there then you connect it to the washer/dryer circuit breaker. Some things to consider, was the ac wiring already on a circuit breaker? You can't run a w/d and AC off of the same circuit at the same time. A knowledgeable electrician may be required.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
MisaLetet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
Lisa

If you have the roof opening for the 3rd AC and there is a power line tucked in that space (you have to pulldown the roof vent surround) you are half way there.
The second half is tracing the wiring back to the circuit breaker panel, if it is there then you connect it to the washer/dryer circuit breaker. Some things to consider, was the ac wiring already on a circuit breaker? You can't run a w/d and AC off of the same circuit at the same time. A knowledgeable electrician may be required.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I found the thread that explains how to fix my problem. Our 5th wheel has three AC units but only 2 can run at one time.
MisaLetet is offline   Reply With Quote