Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
ADQ K9

Lippert Ground Control TT

Got a safety recall for the Tumble Weed 17V-673 Saying that the manual stabilizer jacks were not properly attached. Contacted dealer and dealer said parts had to be ordered. I could only wish that it was this system. https://www.lci1.com/ground-control-tt
Thinking about just going with this instead of new manual jacks. For those of you that have it how has it performed?
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
Got a safety recall for the Tumble Weed 17V-673 Saying that the manual stabilizer jacks were not properly attached. Contacted dealer and dealer said parts had to be ordered. I could only wish that it was this system. https://www.lci1.com/ground-control-tt
Thinking about just going with this instead of new manual jacks. For those of you that have it how has it performed?
Have only used our ground control system about 8 times so far. The original set up was just a tad nose high so we leveled the trailer in manual mode then reprogrammed where level was and now it works just great. No more guessing how many blocks to use, no more need for x-chocks and no more crawling around placing blocks. Back in - chock the wheels - unhook the truck - hit the auto level button. By the time the trailer levels itself, I've poured myself a cool one to celebrate

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #3
Rolling Along
Gone Traveling

If it works as well on TT as 5th wheels... DON’T do it! (Sarcasm off).

It will spoil you bad. Back in, unhook, hit the auto level button and it will be done by the time you have shore power hooked up. Makes it a no brainer. We have had ours two years and if I had to go back to manual...argh just the thot.
Rolling Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
jsmith948

Forum advantage

I just wanted to add to my previous post:
When we picked up out trailer at the dealership in Tucson, I thought the coach sat a little nose-high (unhooked). Checked it with my torpedo level and confirmed that the trailer was okay side to side but nose high - the bubble was fully against the forward line on the level. I know - probably good enough.
I mentioned this to our assigned service rep and he told me that in order to adjust that they would have to dig into the belly, find the sensors, and make the needed adjustments. Probably take a couple of days to cycle us through their very busy shop.
I had read on here that someone had "reprogrammed" their leveling system.
So, rather than arguing with this guy, and the fact that we needed to be headed for home, we took the trailer anyway.
Got it home - printed out the manual-and re-zeroed level. The system now works as advertised.
Had it not been for the knowledge gained on this forum, I would have been at the mercy of this less-than-knowledgeable service rep. Thanks again to all on this forum who choose to participate and share their knowledge and experience.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
ADQ K9

I haven't got a price on it yet and am not sure if I want to tackle installing it myself. I'm sure it can be done between me and my son who is an RV tech. It is gonna be put on the wish list though.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #6
ken56

I love mine. It can be a bit stubborn at times but manual mode cures the minor things. It does spoil you. The learning curve is not bad to understand how to make it do what you want it to. That "service" guy did not know anything about the system telling you they had to get to the sensors......nope....wrong. Good that you read about it on here.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote