Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #1
silverbullet18

Winterize Question

I wanted to re winterize my new Cougar because a cold snap headed this way. Come to find out it has a different kind of pump that I had on my other Keystone. Quick question from the group. It is a Shurflo 4008 and just wanted to make sure the line on the left with the screen filter was the place to hook antifreeze line and what kit or connector do you use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas and Becky
2016 Bullet 269RLS
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
silverbullet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Yes if you remove the hose and filter, that's where the hose for antifreeze would go. What kit to use? Can't answer that as we don't winterize out here as a rule.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #3
Lee

Hi, yes that is the correct line. I didn't buy a pre-made kit for mine... I just went to the local Home Depot and bought 2 ball valves, a "T", and a few feet of line, and a few hose clamps. Wish I had taken pictures.....

Cut the line half way between screen and where the line enters the floor. Install 1 ball valve, a short 2 inch piece of tube, then the "T". Connect the existing tube that goes to the pump to the other side of the "T". On the final leg of the "T" connect a short piece of tube, then the other Ball valve and a then a few feet of tube. Waalaw!!! done.

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize