Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2021, 09:15 AM   #1
Dan Lockwood

New Ford Rear Mount Camera & TPMS???

I have a new '21 Ford F-350 King Ranch dually that came with the ultimate towing package. It has all the provisions for the rear mounted trailer camera and the trailer tpms sensor modules.

I read on the Ford forum that the tpms sensors that come with the optional kit will NOT work with steel case tires, like my Sailun's. It seems a shame to have all this technology for integrated tpms and have to go the route of an aftermarket with independent screen and screw on tpms sensors.

I believe that my '13 Raptor 395LEV does not have pre-wired provisions for a rear mounted camera. When using a rear mounted camera on a TT or a 5er, do you go to the trouble of routing the wiring internally or just cable tie it down the ladder etc and along the frame to the front? I say hard wired as that's how the Ford system seems to be setup, not wireless Bluetooth etc like some of the aftermarket cameras.

OR, is there an aftermarket camera that with its own system allow integration with the Ford dash screen?

Any thoughts or suggestions on the tpms and the rear mounted auxiliary camera, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Easter to you all... Spring is here, start your towing!

Dan
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, mount