Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
Ayotte

Tire balance on 5th wheel and travel trailers

Has anyone used or had any experience with tire balancing beads. And if so what is your opinion on the use of these? Thanks.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
ktmracer

never used them, just have the local tire shop balance my trailer tires. I have opinions on using the tire beads, but no facts.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

NEVER USED THE BEADS. JUST BALANCE MINE ON A GOOD SPIN BALANCER NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
Camp I am

On my last TT I spun balanced them and could immediatley feel the improvement of how it pulled, so I do highly recommend balancing your RV tires.

As far as bead balance, I did that on an old 4 x 4 truck I had that had oversized tires on it, I bead balanced those because I used to tear off the tire weights when I drove it off road. The beads worked pretty well and I had no wheel weights then to tear off but I did notice that sometimes after being parked overnight when I would first get rolling down the road, the beads settled and sort of clumped in the tires, thus it felt a bit wonky until the clump released and the tires balanced.

So I'd recommend that unless there's a purpose specific reason like I had with wanting to not constantly replace knocked off wheel weights, that a simple spin balance is all that's needed on RV tires.

2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES

2006 Chevy Silverado 3500, LT3 CC/LB 4WD SRW LBZ Duramax/Allison Equiped with Curt Q5 20K hitch, Prodigy Brake control, Air Lift Load Lifter 5000, & 100 gallon in-bed fuel tank
Camp I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
KenBob

I have balance beads in the 17.5" tires for our Fuzion. Look up Dynabeads. I have them in my motorcycle tires. They work! We have always balanced the RV tires.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote