Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2021, 12:24 PM   #41
cerbyg

Furrion

I'm not sure if Furrion is owned by Keystone but, if not, you would think that Furrion would be responsible for the cost of these replacements. You would also think, that at some point, Keystone and other manufacturers would stop using Furrion products.
cerbyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerbyg View Post
I'm not sure if Furrion is owned by Keystone but, if not, you would think that Furrion would be responsible for the cost of these replacements. You would also think, that at some point, Keystone and other manufacturers would stop using Furrion products.
About 5 years ago, Furrion and Lippert announced a "distribution partnership" giving Lippert some influence over Furrion products and development. Last year, the CEO of Furrion announced that on 1-1-20, Furrion would resume distribution and development of it's products. So, the "marriage was short lived".... https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...rrion-Products

A couple of "theories": Furrion stuff is too cheaply made even for Lippert or Lippert is too cheap, even for Furrion.... Both are "low bid marketers to the RV industry and Keystone advertises that they buy from both "in quantities large enough to achieve a lower cost savings"...

So.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #43
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
About 5 years ago, Furrion and Lippert announced a "distribution partnership" giving Lippert some influence over Furrion products and development. Last year, the CEO of Furrion announced that on 1-1-20, Furrion would resume distribution and development of it's products. So, the "marriage was short lived".... https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...rrion-Products

A couple of "theories": Furrion stuff is too cheaply made even for Lippert or Lippert is too cheap, even for Furrion.... Both are "low bid marketers to the RV industry and Keystone advertises that they buy from both "in quantities large enough to achieve a lower cost savings"...

So.....

NOW we can say cheap!!! And ain't it so.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:25 AM   #44
HDroadglide

I had the same thing happen on my 2020 Raptor they replaced it and 3 months later keystone had a recall on that antenna and now i have a dome antenna.
The wing part blew off and the base was still there.
Contact Keystone Direct.
HDroadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #45
cmiller2228

Antenna Recall

I had Camping world do my antenna recall and now I have no signal at all. The worst recall ever put a win gaurd 360 not the 360 + on my 2020 Raptor 426 and now zero signal on the radio and TV. Terrible and Camping world will not respond to this.
cmiller2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #46
JDDilly

That is exactly what I thought. I was doing the install myself, so I put the 360 on my daughter's camper and got a 360+ for ours. We are going to start going south in the winter and wanted to have the cell/internet ability in ours. The 360 made a huge difference for their reception. I have not installed on ours yet, so not sure on the reception.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:56 PM   #47
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDDilly View Post
That is exactly what I thought. I was doing the install myself, so I put the 360 on my daughter's camper and got a 360+ for ours. We are going to start going south in the winter and wanted to have the cell/internet ability in ours. The 360 made a huge difference for their reception. I have not installed on ours yet, so not sure on the reception.
Mine was replace with the 360 also; however, what they do is leave the part of the antenna on the roof so you can still add a furrion router. Problem with that is the plan is expensive. With the 360 + they say you can buy the router then purchase a SIM card from att or Verizon and if you have a plan with them all you need to do is pay the 10.00 to add it to your phone plan; however, I have yet to get anyone at att to confirm this. Each time I talk to someone they are telling me I have to add a plan and buy there router.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:08 AM   #48
doninbcs

I have a 2020 Laredo 5th wheel and the factory said my VIN does not fall under the recall that does not make sense to me
doninbcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:36 AM   #49
JDDilly

From what I understand, it was only a batch of antennas that had an issue. They know what units got the bad antennas.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, keystone