Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
Roose17

New Member-Looking for advice on factory floor replacement.

This forum is a life saver!!! We have a 2018 Passport 239ML with two full seasons under our belt. This is our 3rd rig and the first from Keystone. Last fall we found bubbles in the flooring and we thought it was isolated to our unit. I spent days trying to find leaks and spent money and time sealing places that were already water tight.

After reading many Bullet owners posts we started looking deeper and found extensive water damage in all four corners of our floor. Completely destroyed.

Keystone is stepping up and is requesting my permission to send it to the factory to have the floor replaced with Hyperdeck. Has any members had their ultralight floor replaced by Keystone? Can you please share your experience. What should we expect? Did this cost you anything? What is your impressions of the new floor? I'm guessing they have to basically reconstruct the unit to replace the decking. Did the floor repair cause new issues? Any other advice you can provide is greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance
Roose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
Gary R.

Hello Roose, and welcome to the forum.

I cannot offer any sage advice concerning the floor replacement material, but IMHO, you can't beat having the factory replace the floor. When they do, they should also find where the water intrusion is coming from and repair it.

Good luck and take care!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:04 PM   #3
Roose17

Thanks Gary. That is sage advice concerning solving the source of the problem.

I was pleasantly surprised they offered to pick up our unit. I am not sure if my dealer fought hard, if my letter to them referencing these forums did it, or if they finally accepted their 2018 models had defects. It is almost to good to be true. That's is why I am hoping the smart folks on this forum can share their experience.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
Logan X

Welcome to the forum! I agree that a new factory floor is your best option. I don’t have any personal experience with a Bullet trailer but I have heard the problem is water getting to the floor through the Darco covering in the wheel wells.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
JBarron

How is the process going?
JBarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:13 PM   #6
Roose17

We have not heard from Keystone in weeks but its understandable considering the current situation.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:30 PM   #7
Summergirl

We got a call today after a couple of emails. Ours is scheduled to go in on July 27 to Pendleton Or factory. We shall see how well they do. The person I spoke to was very good at answering all of my questions so.......
Old 05-15-2020, 10:53 AM   #8
msubobcats

Congrats and welcome to the forum from Northern Idaho. ENJOY

Good luck to you.
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:38 AM   #9
nwhulick

Any Update?

Any update as to fix from keystone? I am a new member here and also have floor water damage. I got the call from keystone that they are going to take mine back to the factory as well. Im curious to see what I have in store for me through the process. I have a 2018 bullet premier 34BHPR. Thanks in advance
nwhulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:34 PM   #10
Roose17

Welcome to the forum. Our unit was returned late summer. It was picked up in June and returned mid September. Our unit had the entire floor replaced with the hyperdeck. That involved them removing the furniture, cutting the electrical/plumbing and lifting the walls off the frame. They then replaced the decking, spliced all the electrical/plumbing and then reinstalled the furniture. Our unit was held up in Indiana because "they lost our dinette table". Customer service was outstanding during the process. No more leaks and all of the major items were functional.

As for the workmanship, they did a decent job but we had a few fit and finish items. Our bathroom door frame is slightly off, and the furnace vent was installed improperly. I ended up fixing both of those items myself to save more time at a dealership service department. I also had to wire tie all of the newly spliced wires because I felt they were not secured properly. Overall it was a pleasant experience and my trailer's financial value has been restored. My only gripe was they did not provide details on how they solved the water intrusion.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:53 PM   #11
Summergirl

We have gotten ours back as well. It took them 20 weeks from the day it arrive at the plant to getting it back to the dealer.
Everything looks great but really haven’t gone through it totally as we just got it back in Dec. and put it undercover right away.
Will go over all the electric and plumbing in the spring. .got the letter today on there is a three warranty on the floor, a one year on all the plumbing, electric and gas from when we received it back.
They were great with communication however, Covid, natural disasters (forest fires), shortage of workers, shortage of parts all added to the delay in getting it done in the 6-8 week time frame. But it is back now and will get it ready for the spring.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:23 AM   #12
wiredgeorge

Chris, Great news. It is always nice to hear a happy ending rather amid the stream of endless complaints about Keystone.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:54 AM   #13
nwhulick

Awesome thanks for the update. Im glad they gave you another warranty associated with it, im hoping they do the same for me. I also have a problem with my slide motors leaking and causing my slide roofs to bubble. So, they also have to look at that. Have any of you looked at your slide roofs to see if you have any unusual wear? it appears all 3 of mine are doing it and the motors are leaving an oil residue. These forums are the best FYI.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:22 PM   #14
CedarCreekWoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwhulick View Post
Awesome thanks for the update. Im glad they gave you another warranty associated with it, im hoping they do the same for me. I also have a problem with my slide motors leaking and causing my slide roofs to bubble. So, they also have to look at that. Have any of you looked at your slide roofs to see if you have any unusual wear? it appears all 3 of mine are doing it and the motors are leaving an oil residue. These forums are the best FYI.
One of my three leaked and damaged the roof membrane. They cut out the damages area, covered with eternabond tape and installed three drip pans.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:42 PM   #15
nwhulick

Well hopefully they do that too. I feel like maybe I got the problem child of the bunch. As long as they make it right, I’ll be happy! I don’t want to go get a new one with more “new” problems. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-19-2021, 05:14 PM   #16
Uncle Pauly

Angry Floor and water issues

We purchased our Bullet Premier 30 RIPR new in October 2018. Loved it with no issues at all until summer 2020 when we noticed some softness in the floor at the rear. After reading about the floor issues I contacted Keystone and arrangements were made for the local dealership to conduct an inspection resulting in our unit being taken back to Indiana for a full floor replacement.
After 8 weeks our unit was returned to the dealership and in January I picked it up and returned it to our outdoor storage. Keystone's customer service and communications were very impressive.

However, yesterday I pulled the unit out of its parking spot at which time water flowed over top of the under-belly membrane and could be heard swishing around on the top side of the membrane. Further inspection confirmed the membrane was filled with water. The floor may have been replaced but clearly the original leak was not. I contacted Keystone and was advised my photos and videos were added to my file, and was instructed to return it to the dealership for inspection. Will update when I know more.
Uncle Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:14 AM   #17
nwhulick

Post Inspection

Well after about 8 weeks my unit returned to dealer. I went and inspected it the other day and it was worse then when it left. Had 2 pages of new damages. I have everywhere from inside cabinet damage to fiberglass damage at the very end behind my outdoor kitchen. The floor seems solid, but thats about it. They someone even managed to rip the middle of my awning. Waiting on the dealership to upload the pictures and see what keystone says now. They have been very easy to deal with so far.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #18
Uncle Pauly

Water in membrane

Dealership inspected water being present in membrane. Removed membrane and conducted leak testing from outside trailer as well as all plumbing and tanks. Found no leaks at all. Wrote it off to water from power washing unit and underside prior to returning unit to me. Will moniter closely as it will be sitting until after lockdown is lifted. Other than that, all good.
Uncle Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble floor, floor, hyperdeck, new member