Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
campingmary

Question 2009 Laredo 5th Wheel Heat Problems/Dropped Camper

We are new owners of a 2009 Laredo 5th Wheel. We don't have any airflow from the heat vent in the bedroom. Does anyone have one of these so you can tell me how yours is running and if you have had any problems with it. We have had it serviced twice without success. Keystone denied putting in a new furnace.

It also appears that the camper was dropped when it was being serviced. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you handle it?
Thanks,

Mary
campingmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
sbebenelli

I don't own this model but I remember reading about an airflow issue with a register and I'm thinking it was a Keystone.

I know this is little help to you. Have you tried searching either this sight or RV.net?

What do you mean it seems it was dropped? What type of damage do you see?

2010 Keystone Hidout
2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3 4:10 gears
Equal-i-zer Hitch
sbebenelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
sbebenelli

I also forgot to welcome you to the forum!

2010 Keystone Hidout
2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3 4:10 gears
Equal-i-zer Hitch
sbebenelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Flyguy

Welcome to the forum. The furnace issue can be something as simple as a duct not connected to the furnace itself, do you get good airflow from the furnace itself? On my furnace, I have good airflow at the furnace output but very low output from the duct that is attached to it, I looked at the furnace itself and found the duct takeoff on the side of the furnace (it has a twist lock connection) was in place however the twist lock metal connection to the furnace was loose, I tightened it but it needs some duct tape to seal that connection on the furnace sidewall, I haven't done this yet but I need to see just how hot that connection gets before I stick any duct tape on it, a better solution might be to drill a small hole on the flange after tightening the connection and install a small sheet metal screw, you might try to locate the furnace and see what kind of access there might be to get to it and check that the metal twist lock connection is in place, don't know if this helps you.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

First things first .... Welcome to the forum ....... Now to your problem ...... As mentioned above the knock-out plates on the furnace have a tendency to spin loose. This is easy to fix with metal duct tape as seen in photo below.(withstands the higher temps on the furnace heat exchanger.) If that does not help you can replace the flexible duct under the step and in the basement with two or three hard elbows. This is the solution I found for my Cougar. There also may be some construction debris in the duct. I put small restrictions in the kitchen and living-room ducts and this balanced the heat even more. It's simple physics ...... the air will take the route of least resistance and not take the long run to the bedroom.
Hope this helps.

This is one of the elbows under the steps and the tape for the furnace.

hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, bedroom heat, dropped camper, heat problem, laredo