Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
bsldallas

Venture M-9000-PK Landing gear box

I'm having a problem with the front landing gear. The motor turns but nothing out of the gear box. I put a new M 9000 PK on it and the same thing. Is there something that is missing. It will hand crank. I've gotten bad things broken new out of boxes. but this seems like something isn't right. I'm sure this has come up before I just can't seem to find it on the site/web. When purchased new they said it would kick out when all the way retracted/extended I don't push it that far.
Thanks in advance for any and all input.
Brad.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
bsldallas

The Jack nut stripped out on the left leg. Ordered a new set from Venture. Had Fulton legs and gear box. Replacing with the venture.
bsldallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Glad to hear that you found the problem and are now on your way to making it right again. Sorry that we weren't able to assist you or provide any input. We'll do better next time!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
bsldallas

Well when hand cranking it seemed tight. So I dropped the cross shaft to find out it was still tight (lots of drag). The follow leg would spin down by hand. So that left it to either the gear box or the lead leg. Just so happened we need to move the RV to have new awning put on. The truck was under it, wife was lowering it then pop and she rocked. Retracted the follow leg and pust the drive up by hand. I've seen the gears/pins bust, but not seen the screw or nut break. First time for everything. I'll follow up with the fit of the new Venture landing gear. The Ultra-Fab would be nice, just to long. By time I fabbed up they would have been sticking out the bottom to far.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
bsldallas

Thumbs up

New landing gear installed working fine. Less than $300.00 about 1-hour or so to install. This way I have both matching. I wouldn't think the gear or drive screw would be different just didn't want the other to fail...