Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2016, 01:51 AM   #1
TAZ23

slide out issue

I have a 2015 Cougar fifth wheel with a cable slide out in the kitchen. Yesterday when retracting the slide there was a loud squeal /squeak in one of the bottom corners of the slide. I have never heard this noise before and don't know what was causing it. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it? We've had this trailer for more than a year and a half so it is out of the keystone warranty period. Thanks for any and all help.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:23 AM   #2
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ23 View Post
I have a 2015 Cougar fifth wheel with a cable slide out in the kitchen. Yesterday when retracting the slide there was a loud squeal /squeak in one of the bottom corners of the slide. I have never heard this noise before and don't know what was causing it. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it? We've had this trailer for more than a year and a half so it is out of the keystone warranty period. Thanks for any and all help.

Take the time to go to the Norco Accuslide website and review their information. It will probably take two of you to figure out exactly where the noise is originating. I hope it's an easy fix like a cable jumped a pulley. Let us know what you figure out.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #3
CaptnJohn

Be sure to report back with what you find

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:40 AM   #4
TAZ23

I will let you know what I find out, but I wont be able to get to the trailer until this week end.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:38 AM   #5
TAZ23

After going back and operating the slide numerous times, I could not get it to reproduce the sound. All cables and pulleys looked good. I did find a couple of small pieces of what appeared to be construction debries (one metal and one wood) under the slide out on the slide frame but could find no spots where they appeared to have gotten caught. Bottom line is the slide is working normal now so I will have to wait and see if it happens again, and go from there.