Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Buster

Interior "stickers" peeling up from cabnetry

We have an Outback Sydney edition (w/ the white interior). This vinyl covering, which I am calling stickers, are lifting and peeling throughout. Keystone won't help or give any suggestions. Not sure if I should use some type of glue, or adhesive, maybe what is used for wallpaper? Very disapppointed, as we purchased the rig for the white interior.
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Outbackmel

Outback Sydney 5er

Sorry to hear your issue. We have white interior but no delamination or peeling. What year is your outfit? Hopefully someone here has an answer.
Will be watching discussion. Have RV World of GA down the street. I will go there Monday and see what they say and post what I find out.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

If by "stickers " you mean the border that runs around the walls in the trailer ....... it is a type of wallpaper and wallpaper paste will repair it. You can also use a glue stick. Any excess will wipe off with a damp sponge before the glue dries. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
therink

I think he is talking about the white paper finish on the cabinets themselves. I also have a Sydney with same cabinets. I have read posts on outbackers about this. I don't believe I gave had this problem yet, but then again I haven't been in my rig in a couple of months. My warranty is up in March. I better brave the cold and take a look. I have read it has something to do with extreme temp swings.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackmel View Post
Sorry to hear your issue. We have white interior but no delamination or peeling. What year is your outfit? Hopefully someone here has an answer.
Will be watching discussion. Have RV World of GA down the street. I will go there Monday and see what they say and post what I find out.
Thanks. It is a 2007.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by therink View Post
I think he is talking about the white paper finish on the cabinets themselves. I also have a Sydney with same cabinets. I have read posts on outbackers about this. I don't believe I gave had this problem yet, but then again I haven't been in my rig in a couple of months. My warranty is up in March. I better brave the cold and take a look. I have read it has something to do with extreme temp swings.
Yes, it is the white paper finish on the cabinets (looks like particle board underneath).
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
campingcpl

That stuff usually has a glue type backing on it. You might want to try using an iron with a towel and heat it up while pressing it back to the wood. Just don't put to much heat to it because it will melt the vinyl. If this doesn't work try a little spray adhesive. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote