Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
fred1609

Convertor Replacement

DW and I are out on our annual August trip. The first night out the lights in our rig were dimming and the fan was slowing down. I could also hear a buzzing coming from below the fridge. The next night, same thing, dimming lights and buzzing. I took out the cover below the fridge and followed the noise to the area behind the fuse box where the convertor was screwed to the back wall. I ended up buying a world peace convertor replacement at CW and installed it. Problem solved. My buddy, who is rv'ing with us and has a same year cougar, began to have problems with his fridge and microwave. We pulled the fuse box and his convertor was buzzing as well. A 55 amp convertor replacement solved the problem. Both rigs are Cougars, built in 2010, at the same factory and built within two months of each other. I don't believe in coincidences. I was over a barrel to get the convertors installed otherwise I would have gone with another convertor.
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
hankaye

fred1609, Howdy;

Interesting, however, you failed to mention which model Cougar and which
assembly plant is involved (East Coast or West Coast). Wouldn't hurt to mention the assembly dates too.
Thanks from another Cougar owner.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
fred1609

Mine is a 327RES and I,m not sure what my buddies model is. Both were made back East in august 2010
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote