Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2021, 10:37 AM   #1
SandyBurg

Avalanche 365md tank pulls

We just brought this camper home. It's brand new. It only has the black and gray pulls in the compartment. But below it, under the camper, is another pull. I'm guessing (since we haven't used it yet, so nothing to dump.) that it is for the galley? It could be for the fresh water, but those are normally just low points. If it is for the galley, it's not easy to access. Not sure why they didn't just add it to the compartment, like our previous campers.
SandyBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Your dealer didn’t give you a walkthrough demonstrating how everything works?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:53 AM   #3
SandyBurg

Apparently, once you say this is your third camper, they don't do much. They did answer the few questions we had. But we didn't see this pull until after we were home and loading it.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

That’s kind of sad really, when I worked at dealerships it didn’t matter if it was your first or fourteenth unit, we made sure you were shown everything. Anyway
Hopefully Javi will see this and can shed more light, I haven’t had much exposure to the Avalanche line.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #5
E Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBurg View Post
We just brought this camper home. It's brand new. It only has the black and gray pulls in the compartment. But below it, under the camper, is another pull. I'm guessing (since we haven't used it yet, so nothing to dump.) that it is for the galley? It could be for the fresh water, but those are normally just low points. If it is for the galley, it's not easy to access. Not sure why they didn't just add it to the compartment, like our previous campers.

Some units come with a 2nd gray tank pull in a different location. My Alpine has the galley gray pull right underneath the corner of the kitchen slide. It should tie into the main sewer line.
By the way, I had an 13' Avalanche RES , liked it very much . Never had an issue with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RD 5.2.15.png30.png
Views:	77
Size:	926.1 KB
ID:	33397  

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #6
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBurg View Post
Yep... Galley

Looking at the floorplan I can see why they didn't put another cable pull in the convenience center.. it's a good ways back there...

My last 5th wheel was like that and I developed a couple of work-arounds for having to crawl under the trailer to pull the handle.. Thankfully this one has all three cables in the convenience center..
Old 05-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
jfk69

My Cougar has a pull for the galley underneath and just in front of the tires. Kind of sucks because it’s way underneath and pulls down rather than sidewise. Opening it isn’t too bad, but closing is harder since you get no leverage.
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:36 PM   #8
roadglide

My impact has a galley the Pull was was located center of the couch slide . I removed it made a bracket and secured it to the frame right at the Front corner of the slide. it’s still not convenient but it I’m not on hands and knees pulling straight back.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #9
JDDilly

I have one pull that is difficult to get to. I purchased 2 Velerra twist-on waste valves, one for each connection. On our rig, we have one connection for the black tank and one for the two gray tanks so the black and gray don't mix. When we are set up, I use that to dump my tanks and only have to get underneath twice, once to open and once to close the main valve.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:06 AM   #10
SandyBurg

Thank you all. We took it out this past weekend. Yes, it's the kitchen galley. It is only a foot from the rest of the pulls. Ugh We are going to work on a way to make it more accessible in the fall. Happy camping to all of you.

Tags
tank