Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2021, 02:06 PM   #1
May

Question Window screen-can I replace the screen part ?

Hi everyone... This was my first week-end at the trailer (2007 Keystone Springdale) starting to get it set up for the season. I found my screen was torn apart by something (mouse ? chipmunk ?)... can't find any bodies (UGH).
Is it possible for me to order screening and some kind of a knife to tuck it into a groove ? replace the screen myself, instead of having to replace the entire window frame and screen ? has anyone done this before (if yes-any tips, and can you tell me where I can get the screening from ? )
THANKS !!!!
May
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	461.9 KB
ID:	33447  
May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
1tenor

You need screen material which you can get nearly anywhere and you'll likely need new spline material which may be harder to find for RVs. You need a spline tool which has rollers on it to press the spine into the groove along with the screen material. There are several videos on YouTube showing how to do this.
1tenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:08 PM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by May View Post
Hi everyone... This was my first week-end at the trailer (2007 Keystone Springdale) starting to get it set up for the season. I found my screen was torn apart by something (mouse ? chipmunk ?)... can't find any bodies (UGH).
Is it possible for me to order screening and some kind of a knife to tuck it into a groove ? replace the screen myself, instead of having to replace the entire window frame and screen ? has anyone done this before (if yes-any tips, and can you tell me where I can get the screening from ? )
THANKS !!!!
May
Is the screen frame removable? If so you can take it to have it rescreened.. some hardware stores and little window repair places will do it pretty cheap if you don’t want to mess with it

Tags
screen