Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2021, 01:51 PM   #1
markcee

Ultimate Boondocking

Hmmm....a thousand apologies if this is a duplicate....thought my original post went through, but can't find it...it's hard to believe the little voice didn't say 'STOP' after about 5 minutes down this road....

https://youtu.be/Mivb9vCHBGk
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

And that, sports fans is an excellent example of why you should NEVER consider buying a rental motorhome !!!!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:57 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

[QUOTE=markcee;447726]Hmmm....a thousand apologies if this is a duplicate....thought my original post went through, but can't find it...it's hard to believe the little voice didn't say 'STOP' after about 5 minutes down this road....

The problem is the guy didn't have an IQ high enough to know to STOP! It's a sad, sad commentary on some of the folks that are allowed to rent/own something like that. For anyone with a 1/2 brain that road (looked like a FR) was instantly off limits when he broke left.....in something you don't own!! Makes you shake your head.

My home in the mountains had a almost 1/2 mile road to it. Very twisty, very narrow, lots of overhanging pine trees....very nice for our SUV or truck. I lost count of the times IDIOTS came down that road; private road, private property, STAY OUT, no U turn signs all over the place; went in front of my large deck over the road and continued on.....to the dead end at the National Forest fence and a turn around. SUVs with 4 ATVs on the back; RVs; busses; you name it - insane. A huge bus came through about 10pm one night, cracking branches, swerving all over trying to keep from falling into the valley; went right by the house....I was PO'd. Got to the end and hit the little turnaround. I wasn't going to help. Neighbors up the mountain ran down and tried to help guide them off the edges and get out. The yo yo finally got the bus turned around and started to come out....cracking branches; limbs in the road.

This guy driving the bus came back up my road...did I say I was PO'd? I went to the middle of the road, stood there with "a toy" and waited. When the guy got to me acted like he didn't want to stop and I convinced him that wasn't a good idea. Stopped and jumped out the door hollering at me like I did something wrong. Told him to; back up, shut up. You've been on private property for 1/2 mile. You disregarded multiple do not pass signs that warned you of where you are. The road tells an intelligent person a BUS does not go here. His response? My GPS said this was the road!! I had a few choice comments about his intelligence; told him to get out of the bus and I would have it towed and him cited for trespassing. His tone changed.

In the end I didn't tell him about the "easy" way off the property. Told him of the switchback back up the way and he needed to pull down the side of the hill and back up to the highway....he did, in the dark with great trepidation and restarts. I felt better....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondocking