Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
SOakes

Help! Troubleshooting Gremlin out of a DC Electrical Circuit

I have a 2018 Passport 239ML Express, BH with Murphy Bed, 30 amp box.

Last summer during a move across country, around 90days in, at our final destination, the campground we were at had a short that required them to replace the 30amp service pole. No worries on our end because we had always used a surge Guard. At some point after, one of the ceiling DC powered LED lights started to flicker. Then we noticed power being lost to the kitchen range hood and fan and a couple more LED Lights.

Being short on patience, space, time and tools, I was only able to ensure no fuses were out and voltage was/wasn't available to every circuit. I was able to Identify the problem circuit which I call "Orange/White Line #5" since keystone began color-coding circuit wires in 2017. However we just dealt with the inconvenience while waiting to close on a home.

Fast forward through fall, winter, and spring, I have began to more thoroughly troubleshoot. I think I have identified all appliances and lights that utilize the "Orange/White #5" 15 amp circuit.

The Line runs from the Circuit box to the Fridge LP gas Regulator, to the Range Hood, Kitchen LED Fixture, Ceiling LED Fixture, then into front Storage LED, and possible out to the Trailer Tongue Light(haven't been willing to break seal yet)

I have confirmed, the Fridge LP Regulator and Circuit Board give/receive 12v.

Any advice on how to further Troubleshoot the Gremlin out of my RV???
SOakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:11 AM   #2
CedarCreekWoody

In addition to checking for loose connections on the power line also check the connections to ground.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical