Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2021, 09:51 AM   #21
buzzcop63

Standard procedure, people look at us funny but it is such a simple thing to do. Better safe then sorry.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:38 PM   #22
Gunny Mike

Turning off the Water

Well I don't have to worry about my children with four legs playing with faucet as they are chihuahuas. We did have to replace our carpet when my wife had an overflow one day while I was at work. I came home to find out she removed all of the carpet to my surprise. Ended up putting a premium carpet in versus the cheap carpet that it came with. A great upgrade in the end.
Gunny Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 03:53 PM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Mike View Post
Well I don't have to worry about my children with four legs playing with faucet as they are chihuahuas. We did have to replace our carpet when my wife had an overflow one day while I was at work. I came home to find out she removed all of the carpet to my surprise. Ended up putting a premium carpet in versus the cheap carpet that it came with. A great upgrade in the end.
"My children with 4 legs"????????
We've had several PETS, we have NEVER been Mom or Dad to any of them nor do we have grand dogs! They are, were & always will be PETS! We do love them, care for them, treat them as we would our children/grandchildren, but they are still PETS.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:18 PM   #24
hguilford

Very first 5th wheel I bought was in Tacoma, Washington. My wife and I took it to Mt. Rainier for a weekend of hiking. The first time we left it we came back to a similar situation with a heavy stream of water running out from beneath the unit. One of the lines had broken free under the constant pressure from leaving the water on. That was 30 years ago and to this day I don't ever leave the new 5er without turning the water off.
hguilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:37 AM   #25
jjlaroch

Pets and such...

Cats don't live in my house anymore. The first ones went to the pound after they tore out three feet of carpet in our new house trying to get out of the bedroom and get to the turkey on thanksgiving. Now, I tell people that cats are great and i Love 'em...they taste like chicken

"Gonna be retired again and living the good life with my dear wife of 42 years."
jjlaroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:04 AM   #26
Weldon

We have a 60 lb English Pointer and a 8 lb Chihuahua. They've never been camping. Ginger, the pointer, was taking training lessons as a pup just after we adopted her, but was so "squirrel " and couldn't focus that they refunded my $$. They said she needed 1:1 home training....nope. we just accept that shes crazy. Never even tried to camp with her. She would ruin the serenity for us, and without a doubt every other person and animal within a mile radius. Plus they love her at the vets where we board them together.
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:14 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
We have a 60 lb English Pointer and a 8 lb Chihuahua. They've never been camping. Ginger, the pointer, was taking training lessons as a pup just after we adopted her, but was so "squirrel " and couldn't focus that they refunded my $$. They said she needed 1:1 home training....nope. we just accept that shes crazy. Never even tried to camp with her. She would ruin the serenity for us, and without a doubt every other person and animal within a mile radius. Plus they love her at the vets where we board them together.
Sort of like that "uncle in every family" that we all accept as a relative but won't invite to spend the weekend at our house.......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #28
Weldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Sort of like that "uncle in every family" that we all accept as a relative but won't invite to spend the weekend at our house.......
Exactly!

Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation comes to mind!
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #29
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
"My children with 4 legs"????????
We've had several PETS, we have NEVER been Mom or Dad to any of them nor do we have grand dogs! They are, were & always will be PETS! We do love them, care for them, treat them as we would our children/grandchildren, but they are still PETS.
Those comments were even more friendly than usual. Folks are entitled to call their critters what they like. My wife drives me crazy by calling our critters "her fur babies"... Our dogs range from 3 lb chihuahuas to 130 lb St. B & Great Pyr mix. I don't scold her as she does the cooking and keeps me warm at night (along with about 8 dogs on the bed). Our big guy sleeps on his own bed at the foot of our bed. Oh yeah, we camp with at least two of the little critters; usually Billy Bob and Honey Bun. Both excellent companions!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:40 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Those comments were even more friendly than usual. Folks are entitled to call their critters what they like. My wife drives me crazy by calling our critters "her fur babies"... Our dogs range from 3 lb chihuahuas to 130 lb St. B & Great Pyr mix. I don't scold her as she does the cooking and keeps me warm at night (along with about 8 dogs on the bed). Our big guy sleeps on his own bed at the foot of our bed. Oh yeah, we camp with at least two of the little critters; usually Billy Bob and Honey Bun. Both excellent companions!
I have a good friend who is "psychotically fond of his car".... It's a 77 Trans Am, and I'll admit it's a beautiful classic, but "IT'S STILL A CAR".... He talks about it as a favorite child, gets upset if anyone "talks bad about Pontiac or Trans Am" and heaven help the poor soul who inadvertently touches his car without permission.... I gave up riding in it long ago. The "instruction process" about wipe your feet, remove your shoes, don't pull on the seat belt, don't roll down the window, don't touch the dash (and much more) just got to be way too frustrating for a quick ride...

When he does drive it, he won't go through a puddle, refuses to park in any parking lot (unless he keeps visual contact with the car) and every time he stops, he walks around the car to inspect it upon walking away and upon returning (even though he always stays where he can see it at all times)..... If his wife wants to stop by the supermarket, he stays with the car while she runs in to shop and he "fusses about her poor planning" all afternoon when it happens.

As I said "psychotically fond of his car"... So, if someone wants to call a pet a "fur baby" or a "4 legged child" or a "favorite child" who am I to criticize their choice of how they refer to their pet????? At least most of them will allow the pet out of their sight.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #31
notanlines

I simply cannot believe y'all would besmirch the memory of Cousin Eddie.....next you'll probably pick on Hank Hill's friend Bill.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:51 PM   #32
flybouy
Site Team

Have a BIL everyone call "Cousin Eddie". He's a dead ringer in looks, voice, and actions. I could litteraly tell hundreds of stories. Latest act of "questionable action" .... he got 2 Covid vacinnes because the army gave him one free (retired military) and he could get one free at the pharmacy. Yup, special kind of logic there.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water