Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2021, 05:45 PM   #1
Morotcycle Todd

Propride 3P

So I was headed to Michigan this weekend to help my brother in-law get some projects done around his house, so I decided to save $250+ dollars in shipping and took a short detour to Propride in Holly Michigan and pick up my new 3p hitch. I ordered and paid for the hitch a couple weeks ago and arranged with Brent to pick it up yesterday morning.

Brent met me at the door of their facility and as we walked in he said that he had a unique opportunity for me. They have spent the last 5 or so months developing a new weight distribution jack that they will now be building in house rather sourcing from the outside. The design is much more robust and smoother operating than the current jacks. I also met the gentleman that was responsible for desinging and testing the new jacks. He also explained how at very extreme approach angles the current design can be susceptible to bending. The new desing completely eliminates this.

I was able to become one of the first customers to take delivery of a hitch with the new jack design. It's so new they were still figuring out how to package the jacks for shipping. While I waited for them to finish getting my order ready, Brent gave me a short tour of their facility. They have lots of room for expansion and growth and they have some very nice eqiupment for their manufacturing process. So far I have been impressed with everything about his company.

I will take pictures of the new jack assemblies and post them early next week when I get back to New York. It will be a couple more weeks before I take delivery of my new toyhauler, but I am looking forward to installing the hitch and trying it out.
Morotcycle Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

That’s pretty cool.

Can’t wait to see the pics.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:56 PM   #3
Morotcycle Todd

Morotcycle Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:20 AM   #4
WhiskeyCreekSteve

Hey Todd, are you still active on this Forum? I wanted to chat with you about one of your previous thread topics.
WhiskeyCreekSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:08 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyCreekSteve View Post
Hey Todd, are you still active on this Forum? I wanted to chat with you about one of your previous thread topics.

Sending him a PM might be more productive. Click on his name then select send a private message.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:28 AM   #6
WhiskeyCreekSteve

Thanks! I was using my phone and that wasn't showing up as an option. Using the "full site" in my web browser took care of that.
WhiskeyCreekSteve is offline   Reply With Quote