Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
gbsb

rear stabalizer jacks

Strarted to brake camp and the rear jacks would not raise. tryed to raise them manually still no go. Removed the motor and the jacks moved freely, raised them up and took it in for the recall on the transfer switch. The dealer said the motor was burnt up and is trying to get it replaced under extended waranty. Any one else had a problem with their rear jacks? I keep the screw well lubed and don't run the jacks down untill they stall. they worked perfect when we stopprd and put them down. This is a 2010 Fuzion 383 TE 11. Thanks George
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
heatkits

Yup, had the same problem... the trailer is just 6 mounts old and the dealer parts guy said it will be $349. plus shipping. I told him I didn't think so... They had for two of those mounts installing slide topers (long story about putting white toppers on trailer with gray and black theme). I told him I was going to need to speak with the manager. However, I never got to speak with him as I transferred to the warranty girl who said, "got you covered, do you want us to bring it over your house and install it for you?"

Actually, as it turned out, they needed the number off the motor which was under the plastic sleeve. When I pulled it off the water just poured out of it. So, I now know what caused it fail and will make sure the new one is sealed. I guess a thousand miles of snow, slush and heavy rain will take its toll.

BTW: I tried to pull the sleeve off the front one to check it condition and I couldn't move it, it was well sealed.
heatkits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
gbsb

My dealer called and said the parts were in for the rear jacks and would need the camper for at least 2 hours. I made an appointment and took it in, they replaced the complete rear jack assembly. My extended warranty covered all but $28.00 of the shipping. Dealer said they had never had warranty cover $100.00 of the shipping cost, because I had it repaired where I bought camper and extended warranty they wavied the $100.00 deductable. It works great now thanks Southern RV in Tyler Texas. George
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote