Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
ralphyboy

replace outside stove with BBQ ??

I just bought a used 2006 Outback 26RLS. The coolest feature is the outside door/hatch that opens into a stove and sink. Of course, it's the only thing I didn't test before buying, and it doesn't work. Could be a clog in the feed hose, as bottom trailer valve works and emits propane. I'll work on that... but while I'm at it, I would rather have a BBQ or half BBQ and one burner (don't care about the small sink tub) instead of the two burner stove that is currently there. Any ideas on Keystone or after market barbecues that would fit into this hatch and replace the existing stove?
ralphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
66joej

The new Cougars have a flat grill instead of the 2 burner stove. The name is Capital Grill. It runs off the existing quick connect fitting. Should be able to google it to find a dealer.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
Freeheel4life

Just an idea, Google pontoon bbq. Lots of gas options out there. We sell a lot of the Kuuma brand, and they seem to be fine. Haven't heard any complaints at least, so no news is good news....good luck
Old 01-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Propane grills have a potential to flare and burn grease. That's one reason there's the warning not to use it under the awning. If you're going to install one inside a compartment in the trailer, please take the fire hazard into consideration. Usually there's no fire department within "burn to the ground time" at most campgrounds. It may never happen to you, but if it happens only once, that's one time too many !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:01 AM   #5
B-O-B'03

I removed the quick connect connector, for the cook top in the outside kitchen on our trailer and put in a "T" connection with a second connector.

I hook the cook top to one and the Weber Q to the other.

-Brian
Old 01-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
PopBeavers

I prefer to keep my portable grille portable.

Sometimes the site is designed backwards, meaning the picnic table and fire pit are on the street side of the trailer.

Sometimes, when traveling with friends, we need two grilles. My friends is permanent on his TT. I can take mine over to his site and we have two grilles side by side.

Sometimes I need to run 3 of my own grilles. I can set them up on a friends ATV trailer and run all 3 side by side using my 3 gallon propane tank.

I have a gas outlet on my FW, but it is low pressure and all of my grilles are high pressure. I really do not want to purchase a fourth grille.
Transfer Flow aux. fuel tank in tool box
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote