Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
Counciloak

Emergency Window exit

Today I opened the emergency exit frameless window (unlatching with great effort, but that isn't the problem) When I opened it all of the way as if to exit, the window fell off! It has a hinge at the top, but it really binds when I get to the last few inches to latch it. In the hinge are 2 sharp screws that seem to be in the way. Are they broken, or can I cut them off to close the window all of the way?

Thanks all.

Joe
Counciloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

You have to hold the window up almost against the trailer and then as you try to close the window you have to lift up on the hinge. It's a PITA, but you shouldn't have to do anything with the screws, they hold it in the correct position side to side.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:23 AM   #3
Counciloak

Thank You!

After figuring out what PITA means, I experienced PITA! I gave up once and brought out a piece of plexiglass. I couldn't find the gorilla tape, so I tried one more time. Vuala! With the exact prescribed effort and technique, the magic is back!

Joe

Off to see the eclipse on Monday
Counciloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Glad you got it!! We are headed to see it too. Sister is in Salem, Or. gonna be there in the morning.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote