Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2015, 05:24 AM   #21
abc40kids

tires

Toyo makes some excellent tires! Many if not most made here in the US.

As for me my china bombs have maybe a hundred miles on them and if all goes as planned they will come off before it ever moves again and replaced with 4 Goodyear G-614's size 235/85r16. Will be going from load E to load G.

It's a shame Keystone and others are ok with using a tire that at it's best is maxed out if the unit is loaded even close to its GVWR. Don't know about you but I prefer to have some breathing room and these NEW E rated tires look low on air at 80psi. These Tow-max tires will work great on some guys landscape trailer....... for sale soon!
abc40kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #22
Idahoguy

Tires and the way they wear

Granted all tires are not created equal. I totally agree that the manufacturers should use better tire to load specs. They use very poor and dangerous judgement. Just charge more for the RV and stick some good tires on it. And align it!!!!!!!!!!!............With this all said the last 3 5th wheels I have had which includes a 2015 Alpine, 2013 Arctic Fox, and a 2009 Wildcat all have had the axles off and out of alignment.(Arctic Fox did cover my alignment even though the Dealer said they did.)Being out of alignment contributes to terrible tire wear, and heat build up in tires and bearings. My Alpine has Correct Track which is nice if they would have used the Correct Track and aligned it at the factory. I am sorry but this is totally wrong when you pay 50 to 70 grand for a trailer and they don't do that, or any priced new trailer for that matter. The RV industry needs to have a little awakening. Proper tire pressure and wheel bearing packs as on going maintenance should be the owners responsibility. Along with maybe having the alignment checked every couple years or more depending on miles driven. My new Alpine came with Provider load range G tires rated at 4080 lbs. They are China tires but there are some good China tires so I will be keeping a close eye on them. Also I drive 60 to 63 MPH. Got passed by some going I would say 70 maybe more. During heat of summer bang bang goes a tire and I beat you to the camp spot.
Idahoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:49 AM   #23
concours

Last fall we had the Towmax tires replaced as 2 of the 4 had problems, we chose Carlisle ST tires and since completed a 10,000 KM trip with absolutely no problems or concerns they have shown very little tread wear and no air loss issues had to add air 1 time in 5 months
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote